Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Lary0071

Odd story of hydraulic squeal going into drive (68RFE)

Once in a while I get an odd slow engage into drive accompanied by an audible squeal type sound. It's at the dealer now with (by my request) a mechanic driving it for 4 or 5 days to attempt to reproduce this intermittent issue. Are any of you getting any similar sounds? Sent from my...
  2. Lary0071

What is the deal with off brand filters? Good or bad?

I saw on Amazon that there is a new listing for a 3 filter kit for the 2019+ Cummins 6.7L for $32.40, German made, supposed to be replacements for the OEM part numbers. Fuel Filter Water Separator And Oil Filter Set Compatible with Dodge Ram 6.7 Cummins fuel filter 2019-2021 2500 3500 4500 5500...
  3. Lary0071

Is there a 17K winch mount grill guard for 2019+ HD Ram trucks?

Back in the olden days a fellow could buy a bolt on grill guard assembly that covered the front end from minor impacts and also provide a mount for a winch. I have a new 2022 3500 with 360 cameras and front/rear park sensors and would like to find a front end protection guard that I can mount a...
  4. Lary0071

Help ordering a 2022 Corvette.

My father's business partner wishes to order a new corvette, but locally any dealers he's reached out to wants MSRP plus. Are there any of you who may know of a dealership similar to what we've found for our Ram HD trucks who will allow you order a 2022 Corvette at a great price? He's totally...
  5. Lary0071

What are the 3 plugs near the license plate?

I have a 2022 Limited Longhorn with digital rear view mirror.... and I like it. 1 (right lower) is the typical 7 pin round trailer plug. The other (right upper) is a round multi pin, looks like an aircraft plug. I believe this to be the plug for the optional trailer camera systems that I did not...
  6. Lary0071

2019-2022 Dually largest oversized tire on stock wheels/truck?

I am not a fan of the Nexen tires on my 2021, so when my 2022 comes in I think I would like to oversize the tires with a BFG AT KO2 version that would visually fill the wheel wells better. The OEM tire sizes just looks funny to me, it looks to small. So what can can I do while doing no lift, no...
  7. Lary0071

Easiest way to do winch mount?

I'm not so interested in the Power Wagon hidden mount, but instead a mount outside of the bumper where the winch is visible, more like in the front of a jeep. Is like to get a 17K winch out front for recovering tree service trucks like the F550 dumps, small and large bucket trucks, skid...
  8. Lary0071

3 x 115V outlets, 400W each or 400W total across them?

Wondering if there is one 115V power source at 400W, or if each 400W plug location has its own independent 400W supply? My 2021 has a 400W in the front seats, 1 400W in the back seat and 1 400W in the bed side. Could you theoretically have 3 items plugged in at a time using say 300W each?
  9. Lary0071

AMAZON RAM Truck Store Opens

Amazon now has a RAM Truck store loaded with official RAM gear and personal accessories. RAM TRUCK STORE on Amazon.
  10. Lary0071

Are fuel additives recommended? (Dealer says no)

I haven't had diesel in 13 years, and back in day everyone ran an additive. My dealer says that this is not needed except for anti gelling in extreme temps. What is the verdict on my 2021 CP3 S.O. Cummins? Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
  11. Lary0071

Red cap over diesel fill port? Keep or discard?

I just picked up a fresh new Cummins 3500 and filled the diesel fuel up, I observed what appears to be a very light duty dust cap over the fill port opening. I removed it and filled the truck, then replaced the cap. Am I supposed to keep this on the opening while not filling with fuel? I would...
  12. Lary0071

Does pedal commander turn itself on at each start?

Reading the manual, it sounds as if the PC31 turns itself off after a short period of inactivity once the truck shuts off. It never clearly says, is this a hands free "set it and forget it" item that powers on to the last chosen setting each time you start the engine, or do you need to turn it...
  13. Lary0071

2019 2500HD Base 8.4 has shiny blue speakers?

My buddy has a 2019 Tradesman and he has black paper speakers with the little radio in the dash. My 2019 does not have an upgraded system with a branded sound system, and no subwoofer or added amplifier. But looking in the grill of my doors, I see a real pretty indigo blue shiny speaker cone, is...
  14. Lary0071

How about a 2.5" Ram hitch plug?

I'd like to have a ram head black rubber hitch plug, exactly like my 2017 Rebel came with from the factory... But in the 2.5" tube size. Have any of you had luck finding one? Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  15. Lary0071

Drivers A-pillar rain water leak.

2019 Ram 2500, 4900 miles, 8 months old, with roof clearance lights and the sunroof. Is this a common leak location, my assumption is that this indicates a windshield glass leak or possibly a clearance light fixture leaking. Driving home from dinner last night in mild rain I had water dripping...
  16. Lary0071

Husky HUL-58056 Mud flaps, required to drill or not?

I have a very strong aversion to drilling and disrupting the corrosion resistant paint coating on my vehicles. The Husky description states "No drill on most applications".... that does not tell me much. Most matters not, MINE matters a lot! Have any of you installed the Husky HUL-58056 Molded...
  17. Lary0071

Most coverage hood protector / bug deflector.

I have a 2019 Ram 2500, and I would like to put a hood protector on that sticks out past the hood and covers the leading edge of the fenders as well. I'm not interested in the factory version that I had seen that stops at the seam between the hood and the fender, and I'm not really concerned...
  18. Lary0071

2019 Ram 2500HD, Is there a hidden winch mount available?

Looking at my 2019 Sport Package Bighorn, there appears to be space behind the lower honeycomb for a winch and that honeycomb could be removed to allow a cable/rope pass through for a winch. Is there anyone out there making a hidden winch mounting plate yet for these? I googled some but I am...
  19. Lary0071

Havoc HS3 black stainless tube steps installed.

I heard a good deal of chatter about side steps that could and could not for the 2019+ RAM 2500/3500 because of the active noise modules under/behind the rockers. The Havoc bars were the ones I had to have, they are the only I could find made entirely if stainless steel, then black powder...
  20. Lary0071

Havoc HS3 W2W side steps, is 2019 the same mounting as 2018?

I am looking at Havoc HS3 wheel to wheel steps. I see conflicting information on 2019 fitment, I called Real Truck and was told yes that they fit the 2019 Ram 2500 CC/6'4" body.... I'm afraid to commit to the order. But... maybe one or more of you have found out that the 2018 mounting...