Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 2500HD Base 8.4 has shiny blue speakers?

Lary0071

Reaction score
My buddy has a 2019 Tradesman and he has black paper speakers with the little radio in the dash.
My 2019 does not have an upgraded system with a branded sound system, and no subwoofer or added amplifier.
But looking in the grill of my doors, I see a real pretty indigo blue shiny speaker cone, is this a decent speaker or would I benefit from buying aftermarket speakers?

I am surprised to see that his tradesman and my Bighorn do not have the same exact speakers being that I do not have any sort of upgraded sound system, just the upgraded touch screen (base 8.4", no cellular modem or U-Connect app capability. I was thinking that I had bottom of the barrel speakers to go with the base system. He is ordering speakers to replace his, and he is asking me if I want to do mine at the same time... that got me looking into my doors to see if mine were the same. Not the case.

MikeXM

Reaction score
I can't speak about your speaker but does your truck has the ANC unit? If it does, changing speakers usually gives bad results. Just saying.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the blue speakers come with the Alpine system. I assume they're a tiny bit better than the true base system, but they're still going to be lower end compared to much of the aftermarket options.

As MikeXM stated above, it won't be a simple plug and play replacement, but there is quite a bit of info out there about dealing with ANC after upgrading your sound system, so just be prepared for a little more effort and $$.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I believe speakers can be replaced by just removing the microphone wires that plug into the ANC unit under the driver seat. To remove a sub or install an amp, you need a proper bypass kit.

jadmt

Reaction score
I have 2020 PW with an 8.4 standard ie no Alpine set up just the basic 6 speakers and I just went out and looked andmine are blue speakers in the door.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
i just checked my super basic t'man that came with the little radio and my speakers are blue as well.

g00fy

Reaction score
My tradesman speakers are also blue, i was surprised since my 2015 big horn had the crappy paper cones. However i transferred the Mopar Kicker upgrade front speakers and tweeters from my bighorn into my tradesman and there was a noticeable improvement in highs and low end bass. Those blue speakers have probably the same magnet on them as the old paper speakers.

For anyone interested in doing the same upgrade, it's available here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008I33J40/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've been trying to find a good upgrade for the rears, no luck yet.

Aketay

Reaction score
Blue in the base radio on my Bighorn/Lonestar. Not anymore..

Attachments

• B4BD196A-7B47-4277-90A3-9B3B2C6458BA.jpeg
    B4BD196A-7B47-4277-90A3-9B3B2C6458BA.jpeg
    751.8 KB · Views: 55

Users who are viewing this thread