Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Havoc HS3 W2W side steps, is 2019 the same mounting as 2018?

Lary0071

Reaction score
I am looking at Havoc HS3 wheel to wheel steps. I see conflicting information on 2019 fitment, I called Real Truck and was told yes that they fit the 2019 Ram 2500 CC/6'4" body.... I'm afraid to commit to the order. But... maybe one or more of you have found out that the 2018 mounting methodology is identical on the 2019 model year and that these will in fact work.

I really like these because they offer me a step up to get to my gull wing tool box, and they are stainless steel under the black powder coat so they will not rot out up here in the rust/salt belt. I also like the design styling.

Havoc HS3 Black Hoop Steps

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Last I remember hearing, the active noise cancellation got in the way of someone's side steps.

That said, possibly they have built for this now.

It is a shot in the dark sometimes, and that makes it all the harder when some companies and people do not realize there is a difference in this model year.

Good luck, they do look good.

Edit: being the pic is a 2019 1500, I would be cautious. I didn't see anywhere to check fitment on the link.

Lary0071

Reaction score
Well,

They are ordered. I'll see what the deal is and if needed I can plasma the bracket to make clearance or I can cut the one bracket and make a new one to weld on. The only craptastic thing with cutting and pasting is that I'll destroy the powder coating on the stainless. I'll likely spray them with Raptor Liner if I'm forced down that path.

Let's hope I can just do some trimming on the brackets with the plasma and touch up that unseen area with rattle can material.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Allrider

Reaction score
I called Real Truck as well and they gave me a part number for the 2019's. Mine fit perfectly.

Lary0071

Reaction score
I'm excited to get the Havoc HS3, be hopefully next week. And yesterday I not the bullet and ordered the OEM tailgate step on SleezeBay.... Against my better judgement. I've not used that site not have I used pay pal in many years. PayPal really jerked me around 10 years ago so I violated their rules and jerked them right back. I'm now PayPal banned for life.

But anyways, side steps and gate step are coming. Vent shades, mud flaps and bug/hood protector need to be sorted out yet. I may also do a front levelling spacer and speaker upgrade to the base stereo speakers. The OEM all terrain tires seem fine to me for now, I'll replace those with BF Goodrich AT KO2 once the factory ones take on wear.

I may look at trading it in 3 or 4 months for a 2020 though, it's missing 2 features that I really didn't know it was missing when I bought it... It does not have Uconnect ability and it does not have the proximity sensor keyless entry that my 2017 Rebel had. I really really miss the proximity sensor horribly, and during the 4 months of winter I like to be able to start my truck with the phone application from a half mile away at work.

I may take that financial beating and go get one with what I have now, plus those 2 things. That would be my perfect truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread