Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd story of hydraulic squeal going into drive (68RFE)

Lary0071

Reaction score
Once in a while I get an odd slow engage into drive accompanied by an audible squeal type sound.

It's at the dealer now with (by my request) a mechanic driving it for 4 or 5 days to attempt to reproduce this intermittent issue.

Are any of you getting any similar sounds?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Do you mean the 48RE or the 68RFE? There is no 48RFE

Phil T

Reaction score
Once in a while I get an odd slow engage into drive accompanied by an audible squeal type sound.

It's at the dealer now with (by my request) a mechanic driving it for 4 or 5 days to attempt to reproduce this intermittent issue.

Are any of you getting any similar sounds?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Maybe the admin can fix the title of your post. It makes me crazy every time I see it. Auto correct is not your friend.

JP426

Reaction score
I have had this sound when putting my truck in drive from reverse. I have noticed no slow engagement or any performance issues. Keep us informed on what they find.

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
I have had this sound when putting my truck in drive from reverse. I have noticed no slow engagement or any performance issues. Keep us informed on what they find.
Same. Seems like it happens less if I concentrate on coming to a complete stop for a second before shifting from R to D.

g00fy

Reaction score
Yea, I get this exact problem when I go from Reverse to drive too quickly (2019 2500 68RFE). Need to make a conscious effort to come to complete stop in reverse, then once i put it in drive give it a solid 1 Mississippi before jumping on the gas.

Users who are viewing this thread