Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Havoc HS3 black stainless tube steps installed.

Lary0071

Reaction score
I heard a good deal of chatter about side steps that could and could not for the 2019+ RAM 2500/3500 because of the active noise modules under/behind the rockers. The Havoc bars were the ones I had to have, they are the only I could find made entirely if stainless steel, then black powder coated. Bring that I'm up in the Pittsburgh PA rust belt area, and stainless steel is extremely desirable.

So I ordered them without knowing for sure if they would directly bolt up (later some of you told me that they were proven to fit), but I have a shop at my house that would allow me to easily plasma/make/weld any modifications if needed. None are needed.

So I have installed what I feel is the very best tube step on the market.... Stainless steel Havoc HS3! I love them, they look great and my 71 year old father can now get into my truck easily rather than struggling. That was the entire point.

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
Looks Great! Those were what I was going to get if I hadn't found the set of OEM take-offs I installed.

Lary0071

Reaction score
Yes, I looked at the OEM wheel to wheel but they didn't have black in wheel to wheel, and they wanted around $800 at the dealer for the polished wheel to wheel.

I'm trying to stay away from anything shiny... You know the saying... "Chrome don't get you home". Anyways, I spent some time looking around and discovered that black powder coating is very commonly done over mild carbon steel, aka rust magnets up here where I live. Then I stumbled on the Havoc and saw that they do black over stainless and around $475 shipped... Boom! I'm in!

I may pull them back of in the spring and add Raptor Liner over the black powder coat to give them a more textured and more durable surface. But overall I'm super happy, and they allow short dudes like me to step up to a gull wing toolbox.

I did this and I did the OEM tailgate corner step. These are both great addition to my truck that will help with my 5'7" stature.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

bigcitymike

Reaction score
...I stumbled on the Havoc and saw that they do black over stainless and around $475 shipped... Boom! I'm in!

Couple of questions:

1. What is the part number they sent for your 2500 (wheel-to-wheel tube steps? I have a 2019 3500 CC standard bed, and most of the sites don't list a part # for the Havoc HS3 and my truck.
  2. How did you get the $475 shipped price? Rebates, discount codes? As of 2/18/20, realtrucks.com is selling these for $539 which is a sizeable jump.

Thanks

Lary0071

Reaction score
Couple of questions:

1. What is the part number they sent for your 2500 (wheel-to-wheel tube steps? I have a 2019 3500 CC standard bed, and most of the sites don't list a part # for the Havoc HS3 and my truck.
  2. How did you get the $475 shipped price? Rebates, discount codes? As of 2/18/20, realtrucks.com is selling these for $539 which is a sizeable jump.

Thanks
The exact part number is
HPG-003204 - Havoc HS3 W2W Hoop Step , I show the party number in the attached video, it's printed on the instructions. I also show that the active noise cancelling system hanging from the frame is not in the way at all.

I got that price before Christmas and I did call in and talked to a person at Real Truck / Havoc (all one company) who saved me the money off as we discussed the product. I was interested in verifying that the black set is actually stainless steel that is powder coated and not black coated carbon steel, most companies do not powder coat stainless.... And most black coated accessories rust and fall apart in just a few years up here.

So while discussing and learning that they are in fact SS bars and brackets, I asked if he could help me out on the pricing and he happily did.

Make the call, all a few innocent questions and make friends.... Then ask for help on the price. I do this often and have a very high success rate in saving money.

Lary0071

Reaction score
Couple of questions:

Thanks
$493.01 total shipped and taxed...
5d160cc01e6f903f50ebb9e946621e01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread