Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. M

Mountain Brown/Light Frost Beige

Ordered the same & love it, as I prefer brown interiors over black/gray. Would have preferred a brown or darker-colored seat, but still happy with it. Been 3 years & holding up pretty well, not getting that dirty. If it does, easy to clean up, and/or blends in with the brown well.
  2. M

Laramie two-tone colors

It does not. Starting in 2020, the Laramie 2-tone went to painted silver bumpers to match the silver lowers. Ordered mine in 2019, which it came with chrome bumpers with the 2-tone (which I wanted), but that was the only year that offered that.
  3. M

Has anyone leveled a 3500 with the auto level rear air suspension?

Had my '19 leveled a couple years ago with the 2.5" Rough Country spacers. Looks a little high in the front, but truck is leveled. Rear air auto-levels with our 5th wheel (3K pin weight) hooked up, with the rear just slightly lower.
  4. M

Audio Equalizer Settings

I have the 17-speaker HK system, and I have bass & treble at max, mids right in the middle at 0. Balances it out pretty well & gives me the bass/treble that I like.
  5. M

2021 HO timing cover leak -14,000 miles

Unfortunately, we had the exact same problem on our 2019 3500 dually HO. Started occasionally dripping a little bit of oil in my parking spot in fall of 2020, and didn't think much about it. First RV trip this spring was a different story. Got to our destination to see the front edge of our...
  6. M

Those with leveling kits on 3500 drw

2019 3500 with the air ride & stock size wheels/tires, and I did the 2.5" level a year ago with no issues. Air suspension compensates & makes the truck level, loaded or not. Hard to tell from this pic, but the trailer (Grand Design Solitude 380FL) also sits level.
  7. M

Painting Tow Hooks

Did mine last year & super happy with it - even did the RAM letters. Have red accents, so went well. Went the easy route with rattle-canning it onto a paper plate & using a small paintbrush. Not perfect, but turned out well. Only had to do a minor touch-up in the spring from rock chips, but...
  8. M

Why did you choose a 3500?

Because I have to tow this beast of a home. First diesel truck & coming from a Ford Ranger, quite the change.
  9. M

New '21 Laramie 3500 HO Cummins - First Impressions

Nice truck. Ordered a fully-loaded 2019 3500 Laramie HO Mega Dually, and absolutely love it. The interior brown/beige is the most beautiful interior i've been in. It's too bad the 2-tone paint went to painted silver bumpers in 2020 - my 2019 has chrome bumpers with the silver lowers & looks...
  10. M

I wish my truck...

Wish they offered a couple mud flap options. Also wish the HO/Aisin didn't have so much turbo lag driving around town - quite a few scary close calls trying to accelerate from a stop.
  11. M

17 speaker Harmon Kardon

That's mainly from the audio compression they use to save bandwidth. I noticed that certain Sirius channels sound better than others. What I did was go into the EQ settings, and bump up the bass & treble to the top, and the mids to the bottom. Enhances the outer bandwidths much better, and...
  12. M

What happened to Rich?

I hear ya. Luckily, I bought a 2019 last year with the CD player, as I listen to CDs all the time. Definitely did away with the CD for 2020, along with the chrome bumpers that go along with the 2-tone silver lowers. Guess I lucked out on both fronts. Maybe you can pick up a 2019 somewhere...
  13. M

Recall VB6 - 2019 DJ D2 Diesel Engine Calibration

So, finally had mine done (2019 3500 HO) on Saturday. Pedal response is definitely smoother & more "peppy" - not as much lag. The jerky downshifting coming to a rolling stop is gone. Have noticed that acceleration in general may be slightly weaker, but i'll take that any day over the lag in...
  14. M

Recall VB6 - 2019 DJ D2 Diesel Engine Calibration

Good to hear. Getting my 2019 HO done on Saturday, and have hated the extreme diesel lag from the get-go. Looking forward to improved performance (hopefully).
  15. M

2020 2500 Laramie MegaCab has arrived!

Nice color scheme ;)
  16. M

Loose shift lever fix

Not taking credit for this, as I saw it on Youtube a few weeks ago, but decided to try it myself last night. Since i've owned my 3500 for the past year, i've always had quite a bit of play in the column shifter. Well, there's a super-easy fix for that: carefully pull off the rubber boot...
  17. M

Laramie vs. Laramie Longhorn leather interiors...any durability issues?

I have a 2019 Laramie with the brown interior. The suede inserts are strips on each end of the bottom seat cushion, and suede all around the top of the seatback where the headrest comes down. It's the same suede that are in the door inserts, which feel nice & seems pretty durable, but probably...
  18. M

Laramie vs. Laramie Longhorn leather interiors...any durability issues?

I have the Laramie brown/tan seats. 7 months so far, and no issues. It does seem like it may be thin, or just flexes a lot on the bottom, but no wear issues. No problems with keeping the tan suede inserts clean, but haven't been that dirty getting in/out.
  19. M

Lower Two Tone Paint Option

I believe the 2020s went to a silver painted bumper to match the silver painted lower portion. My 2019 Laramie 2-tone has chrome bumpers, but all the pics of 2020s i've seen have the silver painted ones.
  20. M

CD Player

Reading all this got me curious, so went out & tried it, but no playback of DVDs - you only get an error read code. As far as the CD player missing, RAM removed the CD player from all 2020 models (1500, 2500, & 3500) & replaced it with a little storage pocket in its place. Guess they figured...