Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Painting Tow Hooks

Reaction score
Did mine last year & super happy with it - even did the RAM letters. Have red accents, so went well. Went the easy route with rattle-canning it onto a paper plate & using a small paintbrush. Not perfect, but turned out well. Only had to do a minor touch-up in the spring from rock chips, but pretty durable.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
  • truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I didn't see any bolts there????
Well, look again. They’re there. The tow hooks are like a foot long, and inside the frame. Look back at post 14 in this thread you’ll see an idea of how long to the first bolt. The bolts are through the frame. Two bolts and IIRC they may have flag nuts on the back side

whitexc

Reaction score
Well, look again. They’re there. The tow hooks are like a foot long, and inside the frame. Look back at post 14 in this thread you’ll see an idea of how long to the first bolt. The bolts are through the frame. Two bolts and IIRC they may have flag nuts on the back side
Makes sense....they are tow hooks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Jeff1759

Reaction score
Just picked mine up, "super mirror red" powder coat. Will put 'em on this afternoon.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
How much are y’all paying for powder coat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff1759

Reaction score
I told the guy I wanted to match the badges. He didn't do anything fancy to match other than use his eye. $60. I thought a little high to powder coat , but I'm surprised at the cost of just about everything anymore, and they did a good job.

Attachments

• IMG_5787.jpg
    IMG_5787.jpg
    899.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5786.jpg
    IMG_5786.jpg
    918.4 KB · Views: 37
Reaction score
Anyone have an extra set of stock ones for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the ones that came on my truck with 13 miles on them.. I bought a set to have powder coated.. 150 plus the ride if interested.. My Ebay ID is 84silverado4x4 if ya want to check out my selling history ...

Attachments

• Towhooks.jpg
    Towhooks.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 20

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Much cheaper and probably won't look much different! I mean, how often will any of us actually use our tow hooks?!
If you do use them the powder coat will come right off anyway. Maybe not from a strap but a D ring or a Winch hook will take the paint off. Rattle can Is easy to touch up

Users who are viewing this thread