Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I wish my truck...

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Good thing it came with a 1,600 liter ice bucket behind the cab ;)
I thought that was what Ram Boxes were for???
ram-box-as-cooler-miami-lakes-ram.jpg

Reaction score
Wish they offered a couple mud flap options. Also wish the HO/Aisin didn't have so much turbo lag driving around town - quite a few scary close calls trying to accelerate from a stop.

jkempken

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of items that have been stated above

1) Held more Fuel - Should be able to get a 50 Gallon tank from factory on a Megacab Truck, not just longbed
2) 8 or 9 speed Trans - Ford and GM both have a 10 speed trans, the Cummins is strong with a 6 Speed but would really shine with a 8 or 9 speed
3) CP3 - My truck has the updated CP4.2, but the uncertainty is scary
4) 5th Gen Cab with Megacab - My bothers 5th Gen feels more roomy on the inside in front and the driver's view is better.
5) In floor containers - My 16 crew cab had containers in the floor and I stored all sorts of stuff in there, granted I have the Rambox with Megacab but those bins were a great design point
6) LED lights in Rambox - How are all lights not LED by now?

I'm sure there are other small things. None of these really break truck for me and a couple I can address like the fuel and CP3 after warranty.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Reading all these comments makes me REALLY glad I got a long bed diesel with the larger tank!

I wish the ramboxes were an option with the long beds but oh well...…

I bought mine because I got a great deal on a leftover '19 demo model but if I could've ordered exactly what I wanted I would've liked the 8.4" screen and the manual 4x4 lever. I'm not sure if you can even option a truck with both?

GTMF

Reaction score
I wish it had a HUD on the windshield.
I wish it had massage seats.
I wish it had a CP3, the uncertainty is scary.
I wish mega cab had a larger tank from the factory.
I wish we be able to Delete our trucks and be able to retain warranty.
I wish we could watch on our 12 inch screen, movies or youtube while truck is driving (for passengers)
I wish the factory paint would be better.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I'll only list things I can't change (other than the pump).

1) Didn't have a glitter bomb CP4
2) Had a more powerful HVAC fan
3) Had more viewable camera space on the 8.4. A disappearing until you touch it menu bar and take away the "Top View" "Rear View" header on the backup cam in reverse. Like really? That's those views? No crap, thanks for letting me know.
4) Was a Mega Cab (except for when offroad)
5) Had a smooth hood where the badges are so I could pull them.
6) Had a smooth tailgate where the Ram head is so I could pull it.
7) Had proximity keyless entry

Other than that stuff, and some is trivial, it's one of the nicest and most capability impressive machines you can buy. I daily it, towed with it, offroaded with it, took family trips in it, pretty much all you can do with it. Gets great mileage, comfortable smooth ride, great interior and sound system, awesome configurable gauges...etc. Fantastic super truck.
Unless the cost is what is stopping you, you can add #7.

Speedracer93CobraR

Reaction score
I forgot one. Find a way to block out the small section of the grid view that picks up my trailer hitch in the rear view park sensors so I can use them!
And no, I am not going to go unlock and take out my B&W hitch and then re-install it in between every trailer hookup. It's not uncommon for me to hook up to two different trailers in one day and I don't ever go more than two days without having something hooked up.

leeroy300

Reaction score
1- CP-3 not a cp4
2-a way to add auxilery switches
3-delete and keep warrenty
4-better aisin tunning (its not driver miscalculation when you can be at 3/4 on the go pedal and its a slug then all of a sudden its going) and its not turbo lag!
5-better tunning overall let the truck breathe and the less fuel consumption will offset the BS emmisions levels. A properly tuned deleted truck DOES NOT roll coal....
6-have a way to turn off ANC like you can do in a Nissan

Users who are viewing this thread