Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New '21 Laramie 3500 HO Cummins - First Impressions

Slider57

Reaction score
14 weeks I waited. And waited... and waited... and ya know what, It was WORTH it. Every frustrating minute of it. At long last, I brought home my special order Laramie today. Traded up from a 2019 PowerStroke F250. Hot Take: RAM is smoking the truck market. If you're reading this post on the traditional web forum, you'll see all the goodies I added and spec'd for this build in my sig. Everything I needed/wanted, but most important, none of the frilly high-dollar crap I wanted to steer clear of.

Driving the truck home, I could feel the Cummins wanted to run. And wouldn't ya know it, a freeway on-ramp was laid out right in front of me. So I stuck the 'GO' pedal and before ya know it, I'm peeking at the speedo, where I see I'm doing 88 without even trying. In fact, I had to back off the pedal to keep the tires from barking!

I did not buy the Bed Tech Group on the advice of my Salesman, but did add the 5th wheel gooseneck prep package, Towing Tech Group and LED bed lights. Man, those lights are brite!

I also ordered the 12" UConnect NAV system and can already tell I will not regret having to drop 2 grand on it. Same goes for springing for the 8-foot bed, which inturn allowed me to add the 50-gallon fuel tank for all of 300 bucks. Try adding a Titan 50 gal for that money.

Really happy with this purchase. I got my B.A.T. Big Ass Truck!!

IMG_0305.jpgView attachment 10516View attachment 10516View attachment 10516

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck!

FYI, using white text makes it invisible to those of us that use the light mode theme here on the forum. Please don't do that.

Slider57

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck!

FYI, using white text makes it invisible to those of us that use the light mode theme here on the forum. Please don't do that.
Fixed that. Thanks for the heads up

Reaction score
Nice truck. Ordered a fully-loaded 2019 3500 Laramie HO Mega Dually, and absolutely love it. The interior brown/beige is the most beautiful interior i've been in. It's too bad the 2-tone paint went to painted silver bumpers in 2020 - my 2019 has chrome bumpers with the silver lowers & looks awesome with the full-chrome front end :)

boarder1995

Reaction score
How's the updated Aisin shifting? Any oddities with 2-3 shift like previously reported? Odd acceleration/take-off delays when starting quickly from a stop? A 2021 Aisin HO is on my list of final trucks considering for purchase.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Waiting for my “stimulus” handout to arrive.......still waiting........darn it back to work I go!

Users who are viewing this thread