Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CD Player

HDRAM2020

Reaction score
I thought the CD/DVD player came with the Limited and Longhorn package,no place to order it but can't find any info but mine is not there. I know it's a CD player but if it's supposed to be there I want it.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I thought the CD/DVD player came with the Limited and Longhorn package,no place to order it but can't find any info but mine is not there. I know it's a CD player but if it's supposed to be there I want it.

I'm with you on this as I have been wondering the same thing. My sales person says it is included in the package. I will find out when my new truck get delivered in about 2 weeks I hope.

Ruffone

Reaction score
Are you saying you just ordered your truck and you couldn't find it on the build list or you have your truck and you just can’t find it in the interior?

HDRAM2020

Reaction score
I'm with you on this as I have been wondering the same thing. My sales person says it is included in the package. I will find out when my new truck get delivered in about 2 weeks I hope.
When i was pricing the 19 it actually had and option but was included in the Limited and Longhorn, but I can't find anything to verify that now..

Marshfly

Reaction score
Yes. It was included with the Longhorn for sure for 2019. I didn’t check any boxes for it and it is right next to the USB outlets under the 12” display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grunt4Life

Reaction score
I have a 2020 limited (picked it up on 1/8/20) and can tell you no CD is in it nor was it an option.

Grunt4Life

Reaction score
small pocket that you could place a cell phone, wallet or something. just picture the CD player removed and a plastic pocket put in it's place.

Marshfly

Reaction score
small pocket that you could place a cell phone, wallet or something. just picture the CD player removed and a plastic pocket put in it's place.

Well that sucks. There’s literally a hundred other storage spots in these trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

litzdog911

Reaction score
It's interesting that the 2020 HD Owners Manual still talks about the CD Player. I wonder if it's possible to add one somehow?

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I spend a lot of time in my truck and was planning on using it to watch DVD's when I am resting. I do a lot of OTR Driving as it relaxes me when I am trying to rest.

This is what I told my dealer when I specked my truck out. I hope everyone is wrong on the missing DVD on the 2020's as my dealer stated the packages I have ordered include it... We will see when and the truck finally makes it to the dealer.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I spend a lot of time in my truck and was planning on using it to watch DVD's when I am resting. I do a lot of OTR Driving as it relaxes me when I am trying to rest.

This is what I told my dealer when I specked my truck out. I hope everyone is wrong on the missing DVD on the 2020's as my dealer stated the packages I have ordered include it... We will see when and the truck finally makes it to the dealer.

I’m not sure the 2019s played DVDs, have you seen that done?

My 2020 Limited definitely does not have a CD player. I’m surprised, but not concerned. I haven’t played a CD in years, and when I replaced the head unit in my Wrangler I put in one that didn’t have a CD player.

U

User_1648

I’m not sure the 2019s played DVDs, have you seen that done?

My 2020 Limited definitely does not have a CD player. I’m surprised, but not concerned. I haven’t played a CD in years, and when I replaced the head unit in my Wrangler I put in one that didn’t have a CD player.

According to page 672 in the Owner's Manual it list's the unit as a "CD/DVD" player. But...just to be sure I will volunteer to try out a DVD in the unit and see what happens. I'm goin' in!

jsalbre

Reaction score
According to page 672 in the Owner's Manual it list's the unit as a "CD/DVD" player. But...just to be sure I will volunteer to try out a DVD in the unit and see what happens. I'm goin' in!

Interesting. I’m definitely curious to hear the result of your test.

Reaction score
Reading all this got me curious, so went out & tried it, but no playback of DVDs - you only get an error read code. As far as the CD player missing, RAM removed the CD player from all 2020 models (1500, 2500, & 3500) & replaced it with a little storage pocket in its place. Guess they figured it was outdated now - glad I got a 2019 when I did :)

litzdog911

Reaction score
I'll be watching to see if anyone adds a CD Player to their 2020 model. Is it still supported in the UConnect electronics?

Users who are viewing this thread