Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

Do you keep something in the receiver to prevent rear end damage if someone bumps into you?

I was just thinking how much damage even a minor bump to the bumper would cause, or even just someone pulling too close and bumping into it while parking. Do you guys keep a hitch ball or something else in the receiver at all times so somebody would hit that first before your bumper?
  2. J

Is this a good jack for these HD trucks?

I just do occasional work on my vehicles and have a small floor jack but wanted to get one that can accommodate these trucks as well. Probably won't get much use (as the truck is so high I can practically sit under it to change the oil!), but I might want to rotate the tires myself. I don't...
  3. J

Do you think Laramie or Big Horn seats will hold up longer?

I know there are posts about leather vs. cloth, but a lot of that seemed focused on the higher end Limited leather seats which I would imagine are much nicer than the Laramie. I am very close to finally pulling the trigger but stuck on these two seats. The cloth seats in the Big Horn feel very...
  4. J

Cab length side steps vs wheel to wheel

What are the advantages and disadvantages to each?
  5. J

Does the 360 surround view use the cargo camera?

I saw the 360 surround view in a truck the other day at a dealership and it looks pretty cool. The salesman told me it uses satellites to get that image, but I have learned here that it just uses all of the cameras images stitched together to create it :) Anyways, I was wondering if it uses...
  6. J

Is there storage under the rear seats?

I forgot to pay attention to this. I remember folding the seat back and then folding a flap down to make the floor level, but when the seat is in the normal position, is there room to store anything like a small toolbox under it?
  7. J

How is that 12" screen, specifically with Android Auto?

I initially thought the screen may be an overkill, and read somewhere in some of the older posts that it didn't work well with Android Auto, or split the screen and only gave you a small useable area for Android Auto, and that the Nav is not very good, which is fine because I like Google Maps...
  8. J

What would be the benefit of getting a 220 amp alternator?

Just curious why one would upgrade.
  9. J

What is the width of a 2500?

On the Ram website, it says it is 79.4 inches. In the fleet buyers guide, it says 83.5.
  10. J

Trailer TPMS vs aftermarket

On the TPMS option, it looks like these sensors have to be installed by a tire installer, right? Just wondering the difference between these and an aftermarket unit that you can buy from Amazon or somewhere for $150 or so and it looks like you can install it yourself. What are people's...
  11. J

How useful do you find the Towing Tech Group?

I am just wondering how useful you find the stuff in this package. I guess it depends on which route I go because in a Laramie, it is only like $800 but in a Big Horn, it is $2200, which then might make it worth it to just upgrade to a Laramie.
  12. J

How much maintenance is required for the Laramie leather seats?

I didn't think I would care about this because I was all set on a Big Horn, but by the time I added all of the options, it came out to the same price as a Laramie and the Laramie had more options so now I have to consider the seats. I have leather seats in my 20 year old Chevy and I took good...
  13. J

I am so confused about the trailer camera options

Even after reading some of the threads here, I am still confused. I am going to order a truck and will be getting a travel trailer in the next year or two. It looks like all of the new travel trailers have a spot for a camera in the back and prewired for it. I don't really know how that...
  14. J

How do you find standard features to compare trim levels?

I have been working on building a Big Horn and adding a bunch of options and then just played around with a Laramie and was wondering at what point may it be more beneficial to go to the next trim level? I would imagine a Laramie will have some standard features that I had to add on to the Big...
  15. J

Safety Group vs. Level B

I compared a list of what is included in Level 1 Big Horn Equipment vs Level B and Level B has these additional features that are not in Level 1: Sirius XM 6 months Rear Slider Rear Window Defroster LED Tail Lamps 115V Rear power outlet 115V Front power outlet 115V Exterior power outlet Media...
  16. J

Factory side steps

Just wondering your thoughts on these. I figure I am going to need some kind of steps anyways so if I am ordering a truck, I might as well get the factory ones. If I go with the night edition on a 6.5 bed 2500, are the black wheel to wheel steps a good choice?
  17. J

Which Safety Group A features do you find useful?

Someone else posted something about confusion with the safety group but it looks like nagaguides has an updated list of options in the new Safety Group A (for the Big Horn for $2620): Auto High Beam Headlamp Control Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel Adaptive...
  18. J

Night Edition vs. Sport Package

Just trying to compare and decide between these two packages for a Big Horn and figure out if the Night Edition is worth the extra $1500 or so. They appear to both have painted bumpers, but the Night Edition has a black grill and blacked out logos, etc. in addition to 20" wheels., right? Am...
  19. J

Off road package

I am just curious about the off road package for $495 when building a 2500. Do the shocks do anything to reduce the payload amount or anything like that? Do they give a better highway ride or would these only benefit you if you are off roading?
  20. J

Axle ratio and tire/wheel size on a 2500

I know there is a thread here about the 3.73 vs 4.10 but I am still a little confused because some people say you will not regret a 4.10 and some say the RPMs are too high with it. Some of the threads I have read are a little older and it is my understanding these used to have a 6 speed. But...