Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safety Group vs. Level B

jm888

Reaction score
I compared a list of what is included in Level 1 Big Horn Equipment vs Level B and Level B has these additional features that are not in Level 1:

Sirius XM 6 months
Rear Slider
Rear Window Defroster
LED Tail Lamps
115V Rear power outlet
115V Front power outlet
115V Exterior power outlet
Media Hub w 2 charge only USB
Heated front seats
Heated steering wheel
Dampened Tailgate
Security alarm
Remote start
Dual zone climate control
7" cluster EVIC
Parksense Front/Rear assist

The Safety Group A contains:

Auto High Beam Headlamp Control
Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel (already in Level 1)
Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls (already in Level 1)
Digital Rearview Mirror
Adaptive Steering System
Full Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus Lane Keep Assist
Cluster 7.0" TFT Color Display

I am trying to find a place to cut a few options to keep the price down because it sure adds up fast! Each of these groups costs about $2500 more so for you guys that have used any of these features, which group have you found more beneficial?

Ickabod

Reaction score
Living in Nebraska, I couldn't live without heated seats/steering wheel and remote start.
I could live without auto headlamp control and the adaptive systems.
Just my $.02

jkbrereton

Reaction score
Once you experience heated seats they become a must have! Especially when winter mornings are cold enough to stiffen the seat foam.

The power adapters would be nicer if you could hook up something with substantial power to it.

Definitely want remote start, I kind of like the doors unlocking automatically when I touch the handle. My wife's car does that. Wish my PW did.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bfs673

Reaction score
Here's my $.02

Sirius XM 6 months Couldn't care less, Don't use it
Rear Slider Rarely use it, but I do find this necessary
Rear Window Defroster Only attempted to use it one, didn't work well. Myabe an issue with my truck... BUT.... if you have the digital rear view mirror, the Fog is no issue :)
LED Tail Lamps Meh... it's pretty
115V Rear power outlet Cool to point to and show others... will likely not use it.
115V Front power outlet Not necessary. USB-C charges just fine. I used to use it for faster phone charging
115V Exterior power outlet Cool to point to and show others... will likely not use it.
Media Hub w 2 charge only USB Useful
Heated front seats Mandatory in my pampered world
Heated steering wheel Mandatory in my pampered world
Dampened Tailgate It's nice, absolutely not necessary. Cheap aftermarket options work well
Security alarm Not a bad idea. Will only need it if you don't have it.
Remote start Very useful feature for Winter warm-up.
Dual zone climate control Wife and I use this often
7" cluster EVIC I'm a tech geek at heart, so this is nice jewelry. Not necessary
Parksense Front/Rear assist Yes, I do like this. The most useful is the rear cross traffic alert while backing up.

The Safety Group A contains:

Auto High Beam Headlamp Control It's OK. Not hard to use the high beam selector used for numerous generations now
Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers It's OK as well. I like this "Set it and forget it", but not necessary
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel (already in Level 1)
Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop This is a nice feature when driving longer distances on a back road highway. I find it more annoying than anything else on an interstate of divided hwy.
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls (already in Level 1)
Digital Rearview Mirror I like this feature a lot. Not necessary, but I do find this to be useful and improves rear visibility
Adaptive Steering System I would exclude this. I liked it in my Lexus, but I don't like the Ram system very much.
Full Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus Lane Keep Assist The collision warning is a nice to have, we all take our eyes from the road at some point, as hard as we try to be safety conscience. Lane keep assist I'd dump.
Cluster 7.0" TFT Color Display I'm a tech geek at heart, so this is nice jewelry. Not necessary

Ickabod

Reaction score
Here's my $.02

115V Front power outlet Not necessary. USB-C charges just fine. I used to use it for faster phone charging
I do find this useful when I need to plug in my laptop when the battery is low.

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
You can add most of the items in Level B a la carte (thats what I did when I ordered my 2019), however, the last time I looked ordering the safety and tow tech packages required Level B (may have changed since I looked last).

jm888

Reaction score
You can add most of the items in Level B a la carte (thats what I did when I ordered my 2019), however, the last time I looked ordering the safety and tow tech packages required Level B (may have changed since I looked last).
It looks like adding the LED headlamps requires Level B as well.

Users who are viewing this thread