Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you find standard features to compare trim levels?

jm888

Reaction score
I have been working on building a Big Horn and adding a bunch of options and then just played around with a Laramie and was wondering at what point may it be more beneficial to go to the next trim level? I would imagine a Laramie will have some standard features that I had to add on to the Big Horn so how would I find the standard features to compare the two? For example, I know the Laramie comes with LED headlights where the Big Horn it is a $795 option so maybe at some point the Laramie will cost about the same. I do think I like the cloth seats better though and am not sure if that is available on the Laramie, but would still be curious to compare the standard features of the two. Thanks.

jm888

Reaction score
Wow, by the time I added a bunch of options to the Big Horn, a Laramie actually came out to the same price with even more options.

Jak6four

Reaction score
Yep, went thru the same exercise when I was configuring my truck and ended up biting the bullet and getting the Laramie. The leather seats are growing on me.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score

jm888

Reaction score
Yep, went thru the same exercise when I was configuring my truck and ended up biting the bullet and getting the Laramie. The leather seats are growing on me.
I noticed your tuck in your signature with the Laramie Level 1 package and that really seems to have everything in it so it is nice not having to add every package onto it. I never sat in a Laramie because I wasn't considering them but I'll have to stop by the dealer and check them out. Which seats did you find more comfortable?

Jak6four

Reaction score
I still think the cloth seats are a little bit more comfortable. My wife preferred the leather and since this truck is mostly a recreational vehicle for us we went with those. I think both are very comfortable and light years better than the seats in my previous 2007 Big Horn.

jm888

Reaction score
I still think the cloth seats are a little bit more comfortable. My wife preferred the leather and since this truck is mostly a recreational vehicle for us we went with those. I think both are very comfortable and light years better than the seats in my previous 2007 Big Horn.
How are the vented seats? How does that work?

Jak6four

Reaction score
Seems to work well; should be nice this summer when the triple digits hit. The seat heaters are really nice, never thought I’d care but I guess I’m getting old

MEGA HO

Reaction score
That's how I ended up with a Limited. Optioned out Laramie was more money than the Limited which had most of those options I wanted as standard.

bht222u

Reaction score
Wow, by the time I added a bunch of options to the Big Horn, a Laramie actually came out to the same price with even more options.
I ended up with a Level 1 package 2500 Laramie for about the same reason.

Users who are viewing this thread