Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. iflyskyhigh

Truck Bed Cover Search Continues

So, had an MX4 on my F150. Loved it. Ordered an MX4 for my new 2022 2500 back on Black Friday. Truck delivered in December. Cover didn’t fit. Tried two more covers, both had same closure / quality control issue. There is a thread here detailing the MX4 head aches. Decided to return the MX4...
  2. iflyskyhigh

Alternative to BakFlip MX4

Received my 3rd replacement cover from Bak yesterday as the first 2 would not close and latch properly. Thread here. I think I’m done with BakFlip. There customer service has been great, but three attempts is enough with a $1000 cover. Suggestions for an alternative please. I need a hard...
  3. iflyskyhigh

2500 GVWR Fudge Factor

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. Didn't really seem like a towing question per se so I stuck it here. Got the truck weighed the other day while working on finding my ideal tire pressure. Ended up raising a couple more questions. Truck is a 2022 2500 Cummings Limited Night Edition...
  4. iflyskyhigh

Mirror running lights - turn signals question

My mirror turn signals work as running from the factory. Why are people having to turn this on?
  5. iflyskyhigh

2022 Diesel Idle-Up Feature

On page 143 of the 2022 owner manual it talks about the ideal up feature. “The driver-controlled high idle speed feature will help increase cylinder temperatures and provide additional cab heat, however, excessive idling may still cause the exhaust aftertreatment system to not properly...
  6. iflyskyhigh

Care and Feeding of Diesel Engines

Long time listener first time diesel owner. Had a thought as I was sitting there the other day playing with the UConnect system for what seemed like forever with the truck just idling…cause the truck has to be on to access the system pages… Is it bad for diesel engines to sit there just...
  7. iflyskyhigh

UConnect Subscription Cost

How does a $90K truck only come with 3 months of UConnect subscription? Even my 2011 F150 had 5 years of crappy MS SYNC! Hyundai comes with 5 years of Bluelink. Does anyone know what the cost to subscribe is once the short 3 month trail is up? It's not on the website. You click on manage...
  8. iflyskyhigh

Tint PPF & Ceramic Coating Quote and Poll (Now with 100% more polling)

Just picked up my 2022 2500 Sunday. Pearl White Night Edition. For sure going to get the front windows and windshield tinted along with the PPF. Considering Ceramic Coating. I have done my own paint corrections and detailing for years with the Meguiars Pro line of products. It's a ton of work...
  9. iflyskyhigh

2022 2500 Trailer TPMS

I ordered the truck with the trailer TPMS. It came with the sensors, but I can't find any options anywhere on how to enable them. Will the truck automatically pick them up when they are under pressure? Is it something the dealer has to enable? I looked through the other TTPMS thread but it...
  10. iflyskyhigh

Ziegler Mopar Maxcare Options

Contemplating the Maxcare warranty and options for the 2500 Cummins I’m picking up Sunday. Years and mileage is easy based on driving habits and how long I tend to keep vehicle. Just sold my 2011 F150 with 76,000 miles. It’s only about $300 difference between 8/85 and 8/100 so I’ll probably do...
  11. iflyskyhigh

2022 2500 Receiver Hitch Shank Size?

Can someone please definitively tell me what size the shank is on the 2022 Ram 2500? Truck due in with in the next week or so. This is my first 2500 and first diesel. I have Googled and searched the forum and it's a surprisingly elusive answer. Seems most people online say it's a 2.5" shank...
  12. iflyskyhigh

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

So I had some questions regarding the different tow / trailer camera options in my 2022 2500 Limited build. [MOD: Questions answered in post 19 and 20] I was clogging up the other “order” thread so I’m moving my questions over here to the towing section I believe @Jimmy07 answered most of my...