Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 2500 Trailer TPMS

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
I ordered the truck with the trailer TPMS.

It came with the sensors, but I can't find any options anywhere on how to enable them. Will the truck automatically pick them up when they are under pressure? Is it something the dealer has to enable?

I looked through the other TTPMS thread but it looked like that was how to add it to a vehicle after the fact. Did I miss something?

These are the TTMPS sensors right?

IMG_2319.jpeg

Bamabuggy

Reaction score
Mount them in your trailer wheels. Pull the trailer a few miles to wake them up and they will start communicating with your truck.

blbrown

Reaction score
There is a setup in the radio where you have to basically pair the sensors one at a time by starting on the left front tire I believe letting air out until the horn honks and then adding air until it honks again, I think a couple of times. This continues until all are paired. The setup screen walks you through the steps. There are a few YouTube videos available available.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Mount them in your trailer wheels. Pull the trailer a few miles to wake them up and they will start communicating with your truck.

Not this.

There is a setup in the radio where you have to basically pair the sensors one at a time by starting on the left front tire I believe letting air out until the horn honks and then adding air until it honks again, I think a couple of times. This continues until all are paired. The setup screen walks you through the steps. There are a few YouTube videos available available.

This.

Have them aired over at least 5-10 PSI if possible, it takes at least a 5psi drop for them to register each position. Else, be prepared to air them back up after pairing.

PhilT and perhaps another had a good writeup in that (lengthy) TTPMS thread on adding them,

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
I didn’t see that in any of the Uconnect screens. I’ll look again. Thank you.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Not this.

This.

Have them aired over at least 5-10 PSI if possible, it takes at least a 5psi drop for them to register each position. Else, be prepared to air them back up after pairing.

PhilT and perhaps another had a good writeup in that (lengthy) TTPMS thread on adding them,
Thanks. I’ll read back through again.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I didn’t see that in any of the Uconnect screens. I’ll look again. Thank you.

Its in the trailer setup where you can select what trialer your using - select the trailer and you should see the trailer TPMS option - it will guide you through the setup. I had it on my 2021 and I loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread