Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tint PPF & Ceramic Coating Quote and Poll (Now with 100% more polling)

Full or partial bra?

• Partial

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Full

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I’m going bare chested

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2022 2500 Sunday. Pearl White Night Edition.

For sure going to get the front windows and windshield tinted along with the PPF.

Considering Ceramic Coating. I have done my own paint corrections and detailing for years with the Meguiars Pro line of products. It's a ton of work and time consuming. I understand the pros and cons of Ceramic that's why I'm still debating it.

Got a couple quotes here in North Scottsdale, AZ.

For the tint
top of the line expel film
two fronts $100
windshield $300

PPF (Expel as well I believe)
All painted parts and headlights, door edge guards, and door handle cups included
Half bra $500 (half hood, front, bumper, half front quarter panels)
Full bra $1500 (entire hood, front, bumper, both front quarter panels)

I saw my buddies with the half bra and his truck is white as well. Seems like white vehicles show the build up on the line of dirt where the film ends. I think I'm going to do the full bra for this reason.

Full ceramic coating including wheels (told me the name but now I can't remember, it was one of them I've seen mentioned though)
$900

I had another quote that was outrageous. Almost twice this one.

I've read through the other threads, lots of talk about this brand or that, and why or why not, but pricing not so much.

For those with experience does this seem reasonable?

For those in the Valley, any other suggestions to get quotes from?

Thanks

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Got another quote from Ozbras here in Glendale.

They were about what Cactus Tint and PPF was.

About double the quote from Armor One listed above.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Talked to someone today who suggested that even though the rear widows were tinted at the factory, they said it was probably just dye, and it's a good idea to tint the rears with the clear heat resistant stuff. Seems logical. I have no idea how they tint the rears at the factory.

Greenhills

Reaction score
I would say everything looks good, I wouldn't get the whole front end.. i've owned 10+ rams, PPF'ed them all.. i find the front end + half hood / fenders catches 99% of everything for the front end. If i did anything different, I would add the roof.

Unless you never wash your truck, you won't have issues with that line where the PPF stops. Most of my rams have been white, i don't notice the line.

Consider doing ceramic on the calipers if they are doing the wheels. The pricing is good, IMO.

GetLostRob

Reaction score
your quotes are good, I am actually shocked at how low those prices are. I got a quote to do teh 4 side windows and the front windsheilf visor for xpel XR was $599 and the XR Plus was $799!! I was like **** that!! But for your quote which is great, if you are getting xpel film it is ceramic and will have some heat absorbing qualities depending if you are getting the XR or XR Plus will determine the level. I would do the back windows if you are going to do the frunt, so that you are getting the ceramic heat absorbing properties on all your windows.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
your quotes are good, I am actually shocked at how low those prices are. I got a quote to do teh 4 side windows and the front windsheilf visor for xpel XR was $599 and the XR Plus was $799!! I was like **** that!! But for your quote which is great, if you are getting xpel film it is ceramic and will have some heat absorbing qualities depending if you are getting the XR or XR Plus will determine the level. I would do the back windows if you are going to do the frunt, so that you are getting the ceramic heat absorbing properties on all your windows.
Thanks for the feedback.

After getting a few more quotes I'm pretty confident that this is in fact a great deal. It's a high end company so I have no conners about the quality.

One Armor in Scottsdale does all the dealerships (26 now I believe) in the valley for the family I work for so he is for sure cutting me a break. Plus he's related to one fo the guys in our maintenance department so that doesn't hurt either.

1651Naismith

Reaction score
I would say everything looks good, I wouldn't get the whole front end.. i've owned 10+ rams, PPF'ed them all.. i find the front end + half hood / fenders catches 99% of everything for the front end. If i did anything different, I would add the roof.

Unless you never wash your truck, you won't have issues with that line where the PPF stops. Most of my rams have been white, i don't notice the line.

Consider doing ceramic on the calipers if they are doing the wheels. The pricing is good, IMO.
^^^this. A pillars and front of the roof will take more hits than full hood. I’ve got the truck and 2 cars with half hood - ppf line is very faint when dirty (two silver and 1 red vehicle) and very Difficult to see when clean.

ceramic price with wheels is very good (wheels are a pita).

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score

I get what your saying, but AZ it's so dusty and dirty. Lot's of fine dust and sand particles.

I just looked at my buddies 2019 2500 pearl white limited on Monday. He has the half bra. His truck was very clean, but you can see a distinct line where the PPF ends. The end of the PPF is still a little sticky and seems to attract the dust and dirt particles like a magnet. It's apparently most pronounced on white vehicles.

I'll talk with them a little more about when I take it in next Tuesday.

Appreciate the feedback.

TonyT

Reaction score
Andrew at OZBraz in Gilbert took great care of me. A buddy of mine who is much more into cars than I would (or could be,) takes all his vehicles to him.

I had them write up a report on the shoddy work another company botched up, then they fixed what they could followed by PPF, paint correction, and Ceramic treatment on the paint, wheels and undercarriage.

Be careful with these shops under-bidding you. There's a lot of these companies who are lowballing you cause that's what their time and training is really worth and in the end it's going to cost you.

They did PPF on the entire hood to avoid the line. It may not be noticeable, but it's the first thing I look for when I see a nice car.

1F2BD47A-9FB7-4945-BC59-E74ACD33DCC4.jpeg

Last edited:

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I’m headed to https://www.justtintit.com/ in Litchfield Park on Monday to tint all the door windows, rear window, windshield, and sunroof. $900 for xpel XR plus. Thinking clear on the front, 55 everywhere else. Don’t want it too dark, mainly want it for the IR/UV.

On the fence about PPF.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I think we have also had a few members use Bob Moses for ceramic coating if you are planning that route.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Andrew at OZBraz in Gilbert took great care of me. A buddy of mine who is much more into cars than I would (or could be,) takes all his vehicles to him.

I had them write up a report on the shoddy work another company botched up, then they fixed what they could followed by PPF, paint correction, and Ceramic treatment on the paint, wheels and undercarriage.

Be careful with these shops under-bidding you. There's a lot of these companies who are lowballing you cause that's what their time and training is really worth and in the end it's going to cost you.

They did PPF on the entire hood to avoid the line. It may not be noticeable, but it's the first thing I look for when I see a nice car.

View attachment 28634
Who was the company you used before Oz?

One Armor does excellent work. Researched and references checked.

I’m just a getting good deal because of connections I believe. I think normal pricing would be more inline with other quotes.

I think I’m with you on the full hood. Like I said it was the first thing I noticed when I looked at at my buddies truck. And again it’s worse on white vehicles.

Are you happy with the full hood and front fenders?

Last edited:

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
I’m headed to https://www.justtintit.com/ in Litchfield Park on Monday to tint all the door windows, rear window, windshield, and sunroof. $900 for xpel XR plus. Thinking clear on the front, 55 everywhere else. Don’t want it too dark, mainly want it for the IR/UV.

On the fence about PPF.
Not sure what color your truck is, but my 2011 F150 this truck replaced was white as well.

The F150 had body color fenders and mirrors and I can tell after 10 years of hard use the bumpers and mirrors were beat to hell. I wish I’d had the clear bra on that truck. For sure putting it in this one.

I know this type of damage shows more on white trucks, but depending on the color of your truck and usage I’d really consider it a wise investment.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I think I’ll probably stick with One Armor. They do great work and the friends and family pricing is gonna be tough to beat.
I had checked with One Armor last week, and it was $549 for the doors and rear, $400 windshield (just so you can reference what their retail price is). They also said they only had 35, 20, and 5 (I wasn’t on planning going that dark).

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
I had checked with One Armor last week, and it was $549 for the doors and rear, $400 windshield (just so you can reference what their retail price is). They also said they only had 35, 20, and 5 (I wasn’t on planning going that dark).
Rodger. Thanks for the info. I’ll admit I didn’t pay much attention to tint shading. I just said I wanted the fronts same as rears. He has the heat resistant for the front so I just figured he could do that on the rear 3 as well so they don’t get any darker, but I haven’t asked him about that. I’ll call him and talk to him again today.

If you do the bra do you have any thoughts on whole or partial?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
No bra for me since I don’t have breasts but I have nothing against bras.. or men with bras .. or trucks with bras. It’s fixin to be 2022 we gotta be accepting of others lifestyles

I did tint on mine, Llumar Ceramic tint
80% windshield
25% sides

25% for me is a close enough match to the factory rear windows and still not too dark to see out of. Typically need better visibility out of the ram when I’m using it whereas my car I can get away with 20 sides and 5 hatch. I can’t see anything backing up at night but who cares it looks cool lol

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing the whole front….we have too many rock trucks out here on the freeways with all the construction going on. I’ve never gotten PPF before, but my last truck had a few chips taken out of the front end/hood because of rocks.

love2build

Reaction score
Here in Austin I used the XPEL factory store. I paid $4000 for PPF on full front, front door sills, and rear bumper. It also included their best tint film for all windows except the windshield. I did do the sunroof as well. Their pricing was in line with everyone else and knowing it was a corporate store was good. They also threw in a pile of track wrap so when I picked up the truck and drove it back from Louisiana it stayed clean. It looked bad but worked really well.

Attachments

• A65141BA-770D-4CF8-8D92-F0FB2F3DD1D0.jpeg
    A65141BA-770D-4CF8-8D92-F0FB2F3DD1D0.jpeg
    435.7 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread