Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Subscription Cost

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
How does a $90K truck only come with 3 months of UConnect subscription?

Even my 2011 F150 had 5 years of crappy MS SYNC! Hyundai comes with 5 years of Bluelink.

Does anyone know what the cost to subscribe is once the short 3 month trail is up?

It's not on the website. You click on manage subscriptions and it just takes you back to the starting page. Rams websites are as shatty as the UConnect system is.

DougB

Reaction score
Last edited:

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
I asked the same Q in another UC5 thread and was directed this this one

Thank you

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
I didn't realize the Sirius XM was tied to the UConnect service contract. I didn't search for that before making the thread. I searched UConnect subscriptions and those threads didn't come up.

Sorry @Brutal_HO I did it again. I swear I tried reaching before make a thread. I just didn't know what I was searching for.

All the tech stuff when it comes to the Uconnect and Sirius XM seems very discombobulated!

It's not very well explained what does what and what ties into what.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Okay, so I don't think the Sirius XM Guardian plans apply to the 2022 UConnect 5 vehicles.

I think the UConnect plans and the Sirius XM have been split up

The UConnect is active on my vehicle as well as the Sirius XM trial.

But if I open the and log into the UConnect App it says I have no current subscriptions???

But on the RAM app everything shows up and works. (RAM app is underwhelming by the way)

Razzman

Reaction score
Sirius XM Guardian and Uconnect are tied together, Uconnect for basic free information and Sirius XM Guardian for advanced fee based services, think old Uconnect plans. SiriusXM Music is a separate service altogether and separate plans.

DougB

Reaction score
Okay, so I don't think the Sirius XM Guardian plans apply to the 2022 UConnect 5 vehicles.

I think the UConnect plans and the Sirius XM have been split up

The UConnect is active on my vehicle as well as the Sirius XM trial.

But if I open the and log into the UConnect App it says I have no current subscriptions???

But on the RAM app everything shows up and works. (RAM app is underwhelming by the way)
Yep. Confusing as heck and not well organized. Not sure how these things get approved for public consumption.

DougB

Reaction score
Here’s what comes with the new trucks

Different stuff for different lengths. 10 year, 5 year, and 3 months. Obviously the 3 months stuff is what people want and use most thus it’s shortest trial and most expensive.

640F36B1-C636-49E7-A0E3-33CAA0E00624.jpeg

417644BD-E272-4F66-9EE0-AEFC5CC0F0E8.jpeg

980A76A0-658E-46D2-8602-1E60406C030C.jpeg

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
For the 2022 trucks with UConnect 5, Sirius XM Guardian has been replaced by Ram Connect.
That's what I'm thinking.

Having a tough time finding information on pricing and plans when the 3 month trial expires.

Looks like the mapping is being provided by TomTom, but again tough finding info on it.

Ram sent me a new email last night with some links. When I have time I'll sit down and go through them but not expecting much.

Says I have Sirus XM for 6 months. Which I don't care about.

I'd call the salesman at the dealer, but I find those guys usually know less than anyone else.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Here’s what comes with the new trucks

Different stuff for different lengths. 10 year, 5 year, and 3 months. Obviously the 3 months stuff is what people want and use most thus it’s shortest trial and most expensive.

Agreed. What is says when I log into my Mopar page. There just isn't any information about what happens after the 3 months.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
The little weather app....

When you click on it goes to the map page, but it just gives me an error message.

Does anyone know where it pulls the weather from? Sirius XM? The new Ram Connect service?

Either way, mine doesn't work.

DougB

Reaction score
Agreed. What is says when I log into my Mopar page. There just isn't any information about what happens after the 3 months.
I would expect relentless renewal notices and emails.

I’ve got a lifetime SiriusXM sub luckily so I’ll only have to worry about the Ram Connect.

DougB

Reaction score
For me the only feature worth paying for is the remote vehicle control thru the app but the other stuff isn’t worth anything to me since CarPlay offers all that for free.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
For me the only feature worth paying for is the remote vehicle control thru the app but the other stuff isn’t worth anything to me since CarPlay offers all that for free.
Exactly. Hopefully they sell it piece meal. Just took a drive with my so to get some firework. Used the UConnect nav to get there. Google maps to get home if that tells you anything.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Just going over the UConnect pages on the ram trucks website.

It's positively schizophrenic!

One page it talks about the UConnect 5 and the options it offers when you purchase a new 2022, but then never refers to the newer system again.

Then on another page it talks about Sirius XM Guardian. Is it available on the 2022 1500s? That's only thing I can think of cause I don't think its on any of the 2022 HD's with UConnect 5?

Then you click on the "available UConnect systems" and it only lists 2021 and previous model years?????

Goes on to talk about the older UConnect app. Mentions nothing about the newer Ram Connect app....and so on and so forth....

I know things are covid crazy right now, but this is piss poor rollout for such a large company on such expensive vehicles.

RaleighFred

Reaction score
There's three different subscription components. You have the sxm guardian for remote start etc which is basically rebranded uconnect. Next is the sxm data (traffic weather gas prices anything through the infotainment system not requiring dialing out through the modem). Lastly your sxm audio. The latter two subscriptions are managed through the sxm site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
There's three different subscription components. You have the sxm guardian for remote start etc which is basically rebranded uconnect. Next is the sxm data (traffic weather gas prices anything through the infotainment system not requiring dialing out through the modem). Lastly your sxm audio. The latter two subscriptions are managed through the sxm site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m not sure they’re using SXM Guardian or SXM data for the new UConnect 5?

I get the impression that they’re trying to bring it in house with Ram Connect.

My truck has a 6 month trial of SXM audio but I have nothing with SXM Guardian or data. I have a 3 month trial of ATT hot spot, but that’s it.

There is a number for me to call on the when I try and “activate service”. I’ll call that when I have time and report back.

On a happy note. The Weather app on the app screen started working out of the blue.

wademeyer

Reaction score
I think the weather and gas prices are through tomtom nav and not related to sxm at all. It would make sense to me because its so fragmented in uconnect5.

ChillRamAK

Reaction score
You guys are no help at all! LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by this. I looked up the UConnect, then found Sirius . . . and I (*#&$King hate Sirius. Not because satellite radio isn't a great idea - it is - but their "have to call us periodically and threaten to cancel to get a decent price" model should definitely be illegal. Hell, it probably is. Anyway . . .

I liked the idea of "find my truck," but I'm sure as hell not paying Sirius for the privilege. I'm not playing this game of "turn my car into a subscription service." Also, Sirius doesn't work in Alaska. Do the other services? Guess I'll never know!

These designers do know we all have a working smart phone if we want the features they're trying to charge us money for, right?

Users who are viewing this thread