Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Burn'n Oil

1. Burn'n Oil

Ram 3500 HO

New member with a new truck? Or just a new member?
  2. Burn'n Oil

New Ram owner. Transmission concern

These engines shouldn't do that. Keep after em and have a seat by bones to wait fro the next re-flash. :(
  3. Burn'n Oil

Off the Shelf Tunes

Out of the EPA's reach... https://optimalwelding.com/
  4. Burn'n Oil

Low fuel warning

Yep, just like that and I don't plan to ever see it again. I've always been leery of running any fuel tank below a quarter, regardless of the specs or how accurate the indicating system is. Don't matter if it's 31 gals or 50 gals. I will never trip plan to use up all the avail fuel in a tank...
  5. Burn'n Oil

CA 2024 Electric HD Truck Rule

And then there's this mea culpa: https://wattsupwiththat.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Schellenberger-Apology.pdf Apparently posted at Forbes and then deleted by same after a green deluge.
  6. Burn'n Oil

Anyone else have gauges bouncing around ?

Upload the vid to the tubes or vimeo and send @RamCares the link.
  7. Burn'n Oil

Rattle Noise In Cab

Isolator appears to be a new/revised part.
  8. Burn'n Oil

Engine Noise (howling) When Loaded and Driving Uphill - Engine Brake Not Working

Good point. OM simply calls it a "Exhaust Brake" display. Supposed to represents relative HP opposing your fwd trajectory. I'd have to agree then that if that gauge was registering nuthin, then your exhaust brake was not doing what it was supposed to be doing.
  9. Burn'n Oil

Engine Noise (howling) When Loaded and Driving Uphill - Engine Brake Not Working

Howling? That big fan on the front of the engine. Yep, it can be hideously noisy and on occasion, have a mind of its own. I know it! If your exhaust brake (EB) indicators were lit on the EVIC and there were no associated DTCs your EB was probably working properly. EB operation at max payload can...
  10. Burn'n Oil

Jack and Jack Stand Location for Tire Rotation

Jack up the backside via the differential housing (I use a hockey puck in the jack's saddle) and install stands. Takes the rear wheels off. Jack up the front, one corner at a time, remove and install the rotated wheels. Ya don't need to jack stand the front if you're only rotating the...
  11. Burn'n Oil

Recall VB6 - 2019 DJ D2 Diesel Engine Calibration

Gonna have to try that out - need some warmer weather, though.
  12. Burn'n Oil

Lets see what you are towing!

Don't think about it - just do it! :)
  13. Burn'n Oil

Payload capacity/tow question

Magic towing dust... ;)
  14. Burn'n Oil

Pick a tire.

That tire and wheel are waaaaay too clean! ;)
  15. Burn'n Oil

Recall VB6 - 2019 DJ D2 Diesel Engine Calibration

Nope. Done this exercise with the HVAC on and off. No diff. The issue at this point appears to be related to the length of time the in tank fuel pump has been operating. If I let it run for 5-10 seconds before cranking, engine starts fine. If I hit the start button shortly after stepping of the...