Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else have gauges bouncing around ?

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
2019 ram 2500 big horn with the 6 gauges and small evic, my batter and oil pressure bounce around after I’ve been driving for an hour, but the digital readouts are steady. Dealership said they’ll look at it next time I’m in. But just wondering if anyone else has had this happen ?

litzdog911

Reaction score
Aren't all of the gauges "digital"? Even the readouts with a pointer are still rendered digitally.
I've never noticed mine to be bouncing around.

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
Well okay, I’m old and used bad terminology ... so the needle jumps around like mad on the alternator and the oil pressure circular dial; but on the numerical readout on the EVIC they are pretty consistent and do not match how the needle jumps

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Well okay, I’m old and used bad terminology ... so the needle jumps around like mad on the alternator and the oil pressure circular dial; but on the numerical readout on the EVIC they are pretty consistent and do not match how the needle jumps

Hi @Wpg_Ram - Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message if you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer. We are always happy to help!

Mark
RamCares

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
Hi @Wpg_Ram - Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message if you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer. We are always happy to help!

Mark
RamCares
Thank you ! Hopefully next week they will have an answer for me what is going on!

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
You are most welcome, please be sure to keep us posted!

Mark
RamCares
Welp, update on Thursday she is going in for an insurance claim, for me to buy a new centre cap that I threw on some bad roads ... and a “software update” because they think it’s nothing. I’m very much hoping it works because it’s very off putting driving and looking at the gauges and seeing them bounce around. I guess nothing to do but wait and see. If it helps, I’ve recorded it with my iPhone and can send it to ram cares ? But the file is too large to actually email ... it’s 25 seconds long

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Welp, update on Thursday she is going in for an insurance claim, for me to buy a new centre cap that I threw on some bad roads ... and a “software update” because they think it’s nothing. I’m very much hoping it works because it’s very off putting driving and looking at the gauges and seeing them bounce around. I guess nothing to do but wait and see. If it helps, I’ve recorded it with my iPhone and can send it to ram cares ? But the file is too large to actually email ... it’s 25 seconds long

Hi @Wpg_Ram - Thank you for the follow up! Based on your name and the way you spelled centre, I am going to assume that you are based in Canada. With that, I kindly recommend following up with our Canadian Customer Care team for further support. You may either call 1-800-361-3700 or submit your info at https://forms.chryslercanada.ca/contact/en/contactCCI.php?brand=dodge to receive an email follow up. If this is not the case and you are in the US, please feel free to follow up with me via private message so I can assist further!

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread