Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off the Shelf Tunes

g00fy

Reaction score
Does anybody offer off the shelf tunes anymore? I'm not necessarily looking for an engine tune, there's plenty of power, I doubt i'll ever find use for all 380 / 850, however I feel the delivery of that power leaves a lot to be desired.

With my Ecodiesel I had a great OTS engine and trans tune from GDE, they were pretty mild tunes as far as power, but what they did for drive ability/fun factor, and longevity was awesome. Unfortunately it seems like everything I look into for the 2019 6.7 is all high dollar custom stuff.

I understand the EPA brought the wrath of god down on most tuning companies as far as the engine and emissions goes, but does somebody make a nice OTS trans tune for the 68RFE that gives it some better manners and gets the shift flare under control for say $500 - $600?

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Out of the EPA's reach...

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
you can find tuners. I'm using someone stateside.

g00fy

Reaction score
I know there's plenty of custom tuners out there, but i'm just looking for something generic and off the shelf. Something more like the old Hypertech or Banks plug & play tuners from back in the day.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
look into emissions intact tuning, or reach out to ctt, or similar to see if they do trans only tuning. would be pretty cool.

g00fy

Reaction score
I looked into them before, but they only seem to offer custom tuning through EZ lynk or EFI live. I'm looking for something where i buy a flash device from them and it comes pre loaded with a Generic tune they made. Or buy the flash device and the e-mail me a file once i get the flash device.

Users who are viewing this thread