Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Highcountry

Best 18” wheel tire size?

I'm planning on some 295/70 18 Cooper ST Maxx as soon as I wear out the stockers
  2. Highcountry

Burned Ram

Yikes, that’s scary. I hope everyone was ok with that one. If it was yours I hope you got a good insurance settlement
  3. Highcountry

Burned Ram

Found this after pic. Amazing how hot they burn
  4. Highcountry

Burned Ram

Saw what looked like a brand new crew cab flatbed burning this morning. The fire definitely originated in the engine compartment. Thankfully the guy driving it got pulled over and out safely. He made me a little nervous because he kept heading back to the truck and removing propane bottles, but...
  5. Highcountry

2020 6.7 Cummins clunk noise

This might sound dumb on my part, but I was hearing a clunk like you describe. I was sure it was something mechanical, but found a metal water bottle that was 3/4 full that was way back in the space under the back seat (not the part you see when you fold the seat bases up) I was convinced it was...
  6. Highcountry

“Thump or Thunk” sound when braking- discovered cause I'm a dork

yeah, turns out a metal screw top water bottle had worked its way onto the void under the back seat. I didn't initially find it because my floor was folded flatand it was way back against the cab. I feel like a total dork, but figured I better report my finding.......my bad
  7. Highcountry

“Thump or Thunk” sound when braking- discovered cause I'm a dork

Hey everyone, I’ll be getting an appointment to have the dealer look since I’m just inside of 36 months and only have 16k on my 2500 crew cab 4x4 Cummins. Today while approaching a stop sign at low to moderate speed I heard a thunk when applied the brakes. It sounds like it right under the...
  8. Highcountry

16k miles low coolant alert

My 2020 2500 Cummins only has about 16k miles on it. I've been hunting this week and parked on a fairly steep slope. When I started up I got a low coolant alert. I checked it out and it was just under the minimum line. It's topped off now, but it's got me thinking. Did it come from factory low...
  9. Highcountry

Beware cheap trailer tires

I replaced my boat trailer a few years ago and only have about 5k miles on the replacement. A few weeks ago, I was heading over a mountain pass on a 5.5-hour trip for vacation when I heard a "whoop" sound and felt a little shimmy. The truck is so heavy duty I really didn't feel much, but a quick...
  10. Highcountry

Maintenance Question

I bought Mopar Performance filters on Diesel filters online. I bought both filters, a fuel filter socket, and an oil filter to have in reserve in my travel kit. I gave it plenty of time to drain and it really wasn't too messy. I did find it helpful to have a littlle bucket to drop the filter...
  11. Highcountry

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Just added the tailgate soft opening strut. I wondered if the half hour I had while waiting for someone was enough time. It only took 5
  12. Highcountry

Maintenance Question

It's due, I believe 15K is the service interval. If it were me I'd get them coming and change them out at the next convenient time. Pretty easy job, I think it took me about 30 minutes. Make sure you have the filternut wrench you'll need and some tubing for the drain petcock under the hood. it...
  13. Highcountry

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

that's pretty cool. I was just glad to get it done along with the other three recalls. Glad to report everything felt fine on the way home
  14. Highcountry

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

I first called about getting in for the recall in spring of 22. In the summer of 22 I called and asked again and was told they'd make sure I was on the list. I had my last free oil change done in the fall and was told they were still slow in receiving parts and I was still in line. A few weeks...
  15. Highcountry

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Narrowly avoided being taken out in the Home Depot parking lot. I was taking another loop around looking for a spot to park this Big Ol Truck when someone backed out in front of me. I stopped to wait for them and then out of my peripheral noticed a truck coming at me backing up. He wasn't very...
  16. Highcountry

discovered some damage to my truck this weekend, good source for taillight lense?

I’m in Washington State, what are you looking to get for them? I was also considering the night swap
  17. Highcountry

discovered some damage to my truck this weekend, good source for taillight lense?

This weekend I found some light scuffs on my right rear quarter panel up high tapering down to my taillight lense which has a little crack/chip in it. I have no idea what happened. My wife drove it last week, but says nothing happened, so we're stumped. I buffed the scuffs out ok and I'm pretty...
  18. Highcountry

6.7 Engine Air Filter Confusion

When I first saw this post I had just installed an AA sent as part of a package listed for my truck from Diesel Filters online. I was pretty sure it was a non-issue, and still think it's probably ok. But I did just order an AB. I figure I may as well get the preferred one in there now that I know
  19. Highcountry

New 2500 receiver size?

I bought a 2.5" Hitch but have a few accessories that mount in a 2", such as a bike rack. I ended up getting an extension so I can use the reducer sleeve for the extension and then mount the bike rack. Pretty good(cheap) solution
  20. Highcountry

6.7 Engine Air Filter Confusion

When I ordered fuel and air filters from diesel filters online it came with 68517554AA. I noticed more than one part listed, but their site definitely listed it for my '20