Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“Thump or Thunk” sound when braking- discovered cause I'm a dork

Highcountry

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’ll be getting an appointment to have the dealer look since I’m just inside of 36 months and only have 16k on my 2500 crew cab 4x4 Cummins. Today while approaching a stop sign at low to moderate speed I heard a thunk when applied the brakes. It sounds like it right under the driver side rear floor board. It will do it at a variety of speeds but seems to only do it once unless I accelerate (doesn’t have to be too aggressive) I also hear something from the same spot when taking a hard left at town speed. As I mentioned it sounds like a thud, but I have noticed it have a somewhat metallic sound, almost like if you struck a spray paint can on the bottom edge with a stick. Any suggestions on what to look at? I’ve looked around for anything loose, but no luck so far

pdavey

Reaction score
Following

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Highcountry

Reaction score
Following

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
yeah, turns out a metal screw top water bottle had worked its way onto the void under the back seat. I didn't initially find it because my floor was folded flatand it was way back against the cab. I feel like a total dork, but figured I better report my finding.......my bad

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
At least you gotter figured out. Chances are that would be the dealerships one day a month quota for actually looking for a customer reported noise. :p

Users who are viewing this thread