Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burned Ram

Highcountry

Reaction score
Saw what looked like a brand new crew cab flatbed burning this morning. The fire definitely originated in the engine compartment. Thankfully the guy driving it got pulled over and out safely. He made me a little nervous because he kept heading back to the truck and removing propane bottles, but everyone was uninjured. Man once they get going they really rip

Attachments

• IMG_9753.jpeg
    IMG_9753.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 174

NMRam

Reaction score
Or transmission dipstick. Looks like a 19-22.

Highcountry

Reaction score
Found this after pic. Amazing how hot they burn

Attachments

• IMG_9759.jpeg
    IMG_9759.jpeg
    241.9 KB · Views: 68

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like a C&C truck, so that would rule out the dipstick fire.

Hard to stay what caused it from the photos.

Units

Reaction score
Some one you know or did you happen upon that? Curious as to the source of the fire.

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
It was my 2014.

In March 2022 it was stolen from in front of my house. The criminals ripped a bunch of wires out from behind the dash (assume they were looking for a tracking device)

4 days later the truck was found 100 miles south of my house buried in some brush on a ranch

Insurance paid to fix the truck. July 6th, 2022 while i was driving it the cab started filling with smoke. I pulled into that empty lot, grabbed my stuff and got about 40' from it.

The pic with the flames was about 3 minutes after i started getting smoke. The other pic is after the fire dept hosed it down.

Grey

Reaction score
It was my 2014.

In March 2022 it was stolen from in front of my house. The criminals ripped a bunch of wires out from behind the dash (assume they were looking for a tracking device)

4 days later the truck was found 100 miles south of my house buried in some brush on a ranch

Insurance paid to fix the truck. July 6th, 2022 while i was driving it the cab started filling with smoke. I pulled into that empty lot, grabbed my stuff and got about 40' from it.

The pic with the flames was about 3 minutes after i started getting smoke. The other pic is after the fire dept hosed it down.
Damn guy, that is just a streak of bad luck. At least you are in one piece and can get a new truck. Hope it works out alright

Users who are viewing this thread