Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2500 receiver size?

woody284

Reaction score
Quick safety tip from experience. When I first bought my truck I used the sleeve until I bought a 2.5 ball mount. My tip comes into play when I say don’t forget to remove the sleeve or pin it in. I pulled my ball and didn’t think about the sleeve. It rattled out while driving down the road and I just happened to see it in the mirror bouncing off the road. Luckily no one was behind me.

Highcountry

Reaction score
I bought a 2.5" Hitch but have a few accessories that mount in a 2", such as a bike rack. I ended up getting an extension so I can use the reducer sleeve for the extension and then mount the bike rack. Pretty good(cheap) solution

jebruns

Reaction score
My 22 came with the sleeve.
Mine too. My 18 2500 I bought used and the adapter was missing from it. But it was easy to source.

I use this to stop any rattling when using the adapter. They make 2 and 2.5 inch one. I have both, for various hitches.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Just another data point, 23 factory order, no reducer sleeve included.

Users who are viewing this thread