Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16k miles low coolant alert

Highcountry

Reaction score
My 2020 2500 Cummins only has about 16k miles on it. I've been hunting this week and parked on a fairly steep slope. When I started up I got a low coolant alert. I checked it out and it was just under the minimum line. It's topped off now, but it's got me thinking. Did it come from factory low? Maybe it bled some air out of the system at some point? or do I need to be looking for a leak?
Are there any known leak points I should watch for?-Thanks

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
they all do that. those coolant sensors have a mind of their own. only in the winter time, temps under 45f, and in cold start, mine will light up everytime under those circumstances. I use it as an excuse to keep a safe eye on coolant levels.

CforHD

Reaction score
they all do that. those coolant sensors have a mind of their own. only in the winter time, temps under 45f, and in cold start, mine will light up everytime under those circumstances. I use it as an excuse to keep a safe eye on coolant levels.
Same

Users who are viewing this thread