Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Scooter29

Reaction score
@cj8rockcrawler i think there is a small quality control problem with center pins in their add a pack kits. I installed mine about a month ago and was short 2 pins. I reached out to cjc offroad and I was the 2nd or 3rd person that week that had the same problem. They shipped me out a new set no problem but kinda sucked having to wait for the parts.

@Scooter29 looks good. I actually did the same thing but did not gain any lift in the rear. I was kinda disappointed although the ride seems to be more controlled than it was before.
Ya so far like 7/8” I see of lift where from Carli it says 1”-1.5” lift before the 1” lift block. I’m glad I used the stock height shackle position and not the .5” lowering position like I planned. If they settle I’ll put the blocks in. But yes on my short drive on some dirt potholes it’s a gradual hit vs the quick abrupt slam from the overload engagement.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Rears done....on to the front....
Very cool. Are there any extra steps to bleeding the brakes in these trucks? I ask because All the electronics and such.

I’ve been hesitant to remove my rear swaybar because the rear brake lines don’t have a lot of droop left in them and my truck isn’t even lifted. Longer lines would be great.

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Very cool. Are there any extra steps to bleeding the brakes in these trucks? I ask because All the electronics and such.

I’ve been hesitant to remove my rear swaybar because the rear brake lines don’t have a lot of droop left in them and my truck isn’t even lifted. Longer lines would be great.
No extra steps unless you disconnect at the abs block....then it's a beyotch!

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
I'll be interested to see how you feel about the upgrade. I've always ended up putting powerstops on everything when it's time to do brakes and sometimes upgrade to braided lines. I assume you're using this KLM kit - https://klmperformance.com/collecti...dge-ram-2500-3500-stainless-steel-brake-lines
These things grab....the difference is pretty big...also my fluid came out looking almost like bourbon....just got done bedding them in and cooling them down...couldn't be happier.....

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
These things grab....the difference is pretty big...also my fluid came out looking almost like bourbon....just got done bedding them in and cooling them down...couldn't be happier.....
That's awesome to hear. This might move up my list quite a bit now. Don't get me wrong my truck can stop, but I didn't realize how used to just mashing the brakes I was until I drove my wifes ford over the weekend. It took me a few stop signs to stop doing emergency stops going through the neighborhood lol. I always felt like something was off on my '22 like braking felt like I was heavier than I really was empty, but this was my first daily 2500/CTD coming from either driving my 4th gen 1500 that had all sorts of upgrades or my Scat Pack Shaker Challenger with the brembos so I just wrote it off as being in an HD truck. Sure I've driven plenty of HD trucks from all the brands off and on, but they were always part of the family fleet so infrequently empty or when loaded up using it as a truck. Comparing those experiences I just chalked it up to something about the newer trucks having a "lazy" pedal just like everyone does on the skinny pedal these days. Anything I can do to improve it, is a win in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread