Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. E

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

My Local Dealer in Torrington Ct told me it was a big job and they wont be doing them for a few months. He eluded that he was short on diesel techs. At least he was honest. My truck is going in Tuesday to Papa's Dodge in New Britain Ct. Inspection first and told either kit is a day after...
  2. E

Frozen Bed Cover

I have a BaK G2 on 2020 long bed. It is a few years old and picked it up second hand. It is old enough that it is recommend not to close the tailgate with it down. The new ones have changed the seal. It is waterlogged and crazy heavy. You get what you pay for. I should have bought new. I have...
  3. E

Gun Holster/Magnet for Cab of Truck

As an avid gun guy I avoid un-holstering as much as possible. Stays in the holster cant get to the trigger no negligent discharge. No matter how good you are people make mistakes. You need to limit opportunity. With that mindset I dislike the idea of a permanently mounted holster. If you...
  4. E

Does anyones 8.4 reboot for no reason or get stuck on "waiting for connection"?

My 8.4 sucks. I added mine. Stock was the little 5 inch. It random reboots when ever you use android auto. When it does it drops the Bluetooth connection and you must re-pair. This is the non nav version The same phones work fine in my wife's grand cherokee. They also wok in the new Uconnect...
  5. E

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

I also show the recall. My Truck is a very late 2020 build (late OCT early NOV) with a CP4.2
  6. E

Is the 2500 a good all around truck, not for towing all the time?

I have always had 1 ton trucks my whole life. Back in 2012 we sold our fifth wheel and our dually. I needed a truck for around the house dump runs , lumber ect. We pay hefty property tax on new tucks here in ct so I bought an 2008 F150 with 100k. It was fine 99% of the time. I even put a...
  7. E

Considering trading my 2017 f250 6.2 for 2019 3500 6.4

I have a 2018 XL f250 SCSB 6.2 4.30 company truck and a 2019 Ram Tradesmen 3500 QCLB 6.7 personal truck. Both Nice trucks. I prefer the lesser trims. The cab is a little smaller feel in the doge and I like the flat floor in the back of the ford. I will second the driving experience...
  8. E

Current 8.4 Version

I have the same question. My current is 11.46.1 I have random reboot problem.
  9. E

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

My comment to the YouTube Ram add For those that don't know Cummins powered Ram HD trucks have used the Cp3 injection pump for years with great success. For reasons unknown they moved to the problematic Cp4 injection pump for model year 19,20. It is turned out to be a disaster. Ram has gone...
  10. E

Can someone help with a measurement?

Yep ,No lift or airbags and 18" wheel
  11. E

Can someone help with a measurement?

24 to the top. 2020 3500 6.7 QCLB
  12. E

Plow Wiring Through Grill ?

I went to install my truck side plow wiring today on my 2020 3550 6.7. This is a western setup, Same wiring as fisher and snowdog. I am all set with the connections . I am struggling were to snake the 3 plugs and wires through. I can drop them down behind the drivers side headlight , under the...
  13. E

Rust? Undercoating

I have also used the 300 dollar treatment in the past. It worked good but I did not like the mess. This treatment is a semi permeant wax type coating applied to new trucks only that dirt does not stick to. They also do the inside cavities with the regular oil. This treatment does not require...
  14. E

Snow Plow Prep Package on 3500s

2020 3500 QCLB SRW 6.7 Plow Prep Package
  15. E

Rust? Undercoating

Ok I will bite, tell me about this ram undercoating. Is it traditional undercoating.
  16. E

Rust? Undercoating

I have a brand new 3500 sitting in my driveway with less than 200 miles. I am fortunate to have a company truck so this truck will see limited use. camper pulling in the summer , run around on the weekend in the winter and plow my driveway. I have had several trucks rust away and have debated...
  17. E

Price negotiated from MSRP

3500 swrw qclb 6.7so 56960 msrp 50,793 includes everything except tax and reg. That 10.8 % off. 5% of that is rebates. I would like to do better but there are only 4 similar trucks on the lot within 500 miles. Considering the market I am happy. This is in CT