Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plow Wiring Through Grill ?

Ed95pont

Reaction score
I went to install my truck side plow wiring today on my 2020 3550 6.7. This is a western setup, Same wiring as fisher and snowdog. I am all set with the connections . I am struggling were to snake the 3 plugs and wires through. I can drop them down behind the drivers side headlight , under the frame then stick them out through the lower grill. I do don't like them so low. For them to reach I would need to mount my solenoid and relays behind the bumper or get a longer cable. There is zero room to sneek them behind the bumper. Drop them down on the inside of the frame and they will chafe the intercooler piping.

Were are you guys sticking them out Lower grill? Little space between lower and upper grill ? Tucked under bumper?

Thanks
Ed

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I went to install my truck side plow wiring today on my 2020 3550 6.7. This is a western setup, Same wiring as fisher and snowdog. I am all set with the connections . I am struggling were to snake the 3 plugs and wires through. I can drop them down behind the drivers side headlight , under the frame then stick them out through the lower grill. I do don't like them so low. For them to reach I would need to mount my solenoid and relays behind the bumper or get a longer cable. There is zero room to sneek them behind the bumper. Drop them down on the inside of the frame and they will chafe the intercooler piping.

Were are you guys sticking them out Lower grill? Little space between lower and upper grill ? Tucked under bumper?

Thanks
Ed
For my fisher i have the wiring coming out from under the bumper it sits on the air dam when unhooked so i can simply reach up and pull it out and tuck it in after... keep in mind i made my own wiring so it may be longer than what you have i have the solenoid on the top crossmember of the rad support using an existing hole, i will get some pics tomorrow if i have a chance. You wont hurt the intercooler piping if its touching it

gmdog2

Reaction score
I brought mine underneath my tow hook. This also keeps it away from my front sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread