Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frozen Bed Cover

Ed95pont

Reaction score
I have a BaK G2 on 2020 long bed. It is a few years old and picked it up second hand. It is old enough that it is recommend not to close the tailgate with it down. The new ones have changed the seal. It is waterlogged and crazy heavy. You get what you pay for. I should have bought new. I have been using it while I decide on a replacement.

The thing freezes to the tailgate and I cannot open the tailgate with out prying the seal up when below 32 degrees. . To open the cover require enough force that it feels like I will tear the seal at the bed rails.
Is that normal, This is my first truck without the manual tailgate release that you can really yank the tailgate open. I have always had over the rail models that worked fine. I would go back to that but like the ability to fold all the way up

louisiana_dog

Reaction score
It's not a bug, it's a feature. Just imagine all the thieves out there who are watching even the owner of the truck having trouble getting in there.

G’Dave

Reaction score
I have an old G2. I bought it new in 2015, and my truck parks on the street, so it has suffered through 6+ years of sun, rain, snow, etc. It’s waterlogged as well and harder to lift these days (or I’m getting old lol).
I solved the “freezing” issue by repositioning it. I moved it forward a far as I can. It doesn’t seal as well at the tailgate, but doesn’t get stuck any more. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread