Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snow Plow Prep Package on 3500s

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I know it may not seem like anything is different visually, but have you actually verified spring tags p/ns between two similar trucks with and without the option and also verified axle weight ratings on both door stickers?

They dont have different spring numbers except gas vs diesel.... and they only have one front axle for the 2500/3500 4x4s they are all 6000kg axles there is no other listings right from the dealer listings
There’s actually 33 different part numbers for a front coil for 2019-2020 Ram 3500s.

Here’s the VIN of a 2020 tradesman 3500 CTD H.O. 4x4 CCSB that does not have plow prep/chief package- 3C63R3CL3LG260717

Here’s the VIN of a 2020 tradesman 3500 CTD H.O. 4x4 CCLB that has the snow plow prep- 3C63R3GLXLG254763

Here’s the VIN of a 2020 tradesman 3500 CTD H.O. 4x4 CCLB that has the snow chief group- 3C63R3GL7LG247219

All someone has to do to find out for absolute certain if they use different front springs is call any dealership parts department with those three VINs, and ask the parts guy what part number front coils those VINs were built with.

el_barto

Reaction score
You should not have the wiring but thats cool its there, also odd the rawr is higher
Probably easier for them to use the same wiring on all the trucks. But yeah I don’t know why the RAWR would be higher since the springs in the PW should be softer... which is why I assume the front has a lower FAWR

saltman

Reaction score
Actually he should have lighting harness blunt cut wires, I am 99 percent sure all HD Rams got this to help with plow capability even if a customer or dealer did not order one of the prep packages. The above is one if the reasons why I’m curious about the prep package because what is the point of even making it available if you’re really only getting a skid plate on most 6.7 trucks with the option checked, not to mention the protection package aka the skid plate is $5 cheaper

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Actually he should have lighting harness blunt cut wires, I am 99 percent sure all HD Rams got this to help with plow capability even if a customer or dealer did not order one of the prep packages. The above is one if the reasons why I’m curious about the prep package because what is the point of even making it available if you’re really only getting a skid plate on most 6.7 trucks with the option checked, not to mention the protection package aka the skid plate is $5 cheaper
Unless 19+ is different but i know the 15-18 pw were never equipped with the blunt cut wires and ram was very clear about that

saltman

Reaction score
I’m speaking only on 19 and up trucks, it was purposely done this way to help with the typical mess that comes with plow light wiring and as a selling point for fleet owners

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I’m speaking only on 19 and up trucks, it was purposely done this way to help with the typical mess that comes with plow light wiring and as a selling point for fleet owners
I understand what your saying but the pw is not intended for plowing and is not marketed as such and i have no clue what kind of fleet owner would waste money on a power wagon lol

el_barto

Reaction score
I understand what your saying but the pw is not intended for plowing and is not marketed as such and i have no clue what kind of fleet owner would waste money on a power wagon lol
Actually, the government buys a lot of tradesman trim power wagons for departments where they need offroad capabilities (ie. BLM, FS, and Border Patrol). But you’re right Ram is very careful to point out the Power Wagon is not supposed to have a plow mounted to it.

with the addition of LED lighting making the wiring more complex, i think ram just added the blunt cut wiring to all models to prevent people from trying to splice anywhere else if they didn’t order a plow package.

Ed95pont

Reaction score
I tried going through the payload thread. But it seems most everybody only posted the tire and loading sticker

Can anyone post their other sticker like mine above.

Would be great to get gasser and diesel.

Regular, plow prep and snow chief
2020 3500 QCLB SRW 6.7 Plow Prep Package

Attachments

• 20201219_134831_resized.jpg
    20201219_134831_resized.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 63

NrthrnMNHD

Reaction score
Maybe I'm not seeing it listed anywhere here, can someone tell me if the front spring rates are different between a 3500 CTD and a 6.4 Hemi ? Purchased a new 2022 Ram 3500 CC SB last winter with the Snow Chief package (love the truck) and installed a V plow. I would like to put heavier duty front springs on it to get rid of the front squat when the plow is attached. It also has the air rear suspension on it (court is still out on that, didn't order the truck-took what I could find when truck shopping last winter). Any help here would be great.. IF they are the same, anyone with a RAM 3500 and plow have any recommendations on what other options a person has for this issue. Thanks

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not seeing it listed anywhere here, can someone tell me if the front spring rates are different between a 3500 CTD and a 6.4 Hemi ? Purchased a new 2022 Ram 3500 CC SB last winter with the Snow Chief package (love the truck) and installed a V plow. I would like to put heavier duty front springs on it to get rid of the front squat when the plow is attached. It also has the air rear suspension on it (court is still out on that, didn't order the truck-took what I could find when truck shopping last winter). Any help here would be great.. IF they are the same, anyone with a RAM 3500 and plow have any recommendations on what other options a person has for this issue. Thanks
Cummins springs are direct fit and will help out but will also level the truck at the same time or thats an old trick we did for the 94-12s anyway

mountainears

Reaction score
2022 3500 SRW CC Limited with factory airbags and the Snow Chief Group.
0963ccb425221218099a1dadcd31e80e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainears

Reaction score
Sounded like you were looking for photos from different trucks with different packages to compare….

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Sounded like you were looking for photos from different trucks with different packages to compare….

The axle weights on all cummins trucks and hemis wont change with the pkgs i was more meaning spring p/n for the front coils sorry

mountainears

Reaction score
Ahh. Is there a tag on the coil? Happy to look.

jsalbre

Reaction score
You should not have the wiring but thats cool its there, also odd the rawr is higher
According to the body builder guide PWs come with the wires, but they’re not active. A quick glance at AlfaOBD shows that there’s a number of settings for controlling the various plow wires. I’d bet they’re just disabled on the PW.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
According to the body builder guide PWs come with the wires, but they’re not active. A quick glance at AlfaOBD shows that there’s a number of settings for controlling the various plow wires. I’d bet they’re just disabled on the PW.
Thats good if they can be used it saves so much extra work!

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
There is a tag…
14b4d272495365ac2b7d2b7b43de2257.jpg

My truck is also a 2022 3500 Bighorn 6.7 CCSB SRW but I did not order it with the Snow Plow Prep Group nor the Snow Chief Group but has the same springs on both driver and passenger sides as yours 68505948AB.

Attachments

• 68505948AB DRIVER SIDE 1.JPG
    68505948AB DRIVER SIDE 1.JPG
    369.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 68505948AB PASSENGER SIDE 1.JPG
    68505948AB PASSENGER SIDE 1.JPG
    491.3 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread