Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. B

How many miles on your hemi / 8 spd?

Have 15K total miles on '19 with 5900 of those pulling 9K travel trailer, no issues. Well only one and it cleared itself. Transfer case would not shift out of 4HI back to 2HI when backing trailer on loose sand. The actuator wouldn't disengage and turned on Service 4WD light. Did shift back...
  2. B

reset oil/gas filter notification

From the 2019 2500 manual. Hope this helps Oil Life Reset Your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change indicator system. The “Oil Change Required” message will display in the instrument cluster display after a single chime has sounded, to indicate the next scheduled oil change interval...
  3. B

Bed step safety recall - W24 - W26 - W44

AndyS I bought my step online from a MOPAR dealer over a year ago. I received my recall letter about 3-4 weeks ago and if I remember right it stated if the step was purchased or not on truck originally, the remedy was to exchange the bracket only. No labor to swap it out. And you had to bring...
  4. B

Anyone else have the Service 4WD message and transfer case not shifting back to 2WD?

Ok so quick story. Traveling through Florida on way to the Keys couple weeks ago. Pulling my travel trailer of about 9000 lbs. Stopped overnight at campground that had sandy gravel sites. When i went to take the trailer off the levelers I needed to back up a few inches. Rear tires started...
  5. B

Remote start added to 2020 Tradesman (SOLVED)

Sorry for delay in response. Haven't been on for a while. Yes A/C or heat comes on same as was before leaving vehicle, doesn't turn on if it was not on before. I have not had to push the start button to drive. I have had a couple of times when the doors have been unlocked for over a few...
  6. B

Remote start added to 2020 Tradesman (SOLVED)

Faced a similar issue with a 2019 Bighorn. Factory remote lock/unlock and push button start. Could not add OEM remote start due to software conflicts with Keyless Go. Maybe they have fixed for 2020 and later. Had to go aftermarket, 12Volt Solutions was my decision.
  7. B

Bed step safety recall - W24 - W26 - W44

TDRamOH, I received the same letter today also. I purchased the step online from a Mopar dealer and installed myself. Hopefully this will get resolved fairly soon.
  8. B

Drop hitch size

I have an adjustable 6" drop hitch. Couple weeks ago used my 16' utility trailer with it and had it dropped all it would go. Front wheels of the trailer were just barely off the ground until I got it loaded. With bundle of 20 crossties, over 4K lbs., on the trailer it was level and truck was...
  9. B

Aftermarket Remote Start

Bit the bullet and went with the 12volt solutions remote start. NO splicing or wire stabs to install. All plug and play. Took about twenty minutes or so to install. Had to send the module back for the second stage programming. Finished the install today and very satisfied with it so far...
  10. B

Expected MPG: 6.4/3.73

Ruffone, Not really. I usually drive interstate or secondary roads, when I can, with cruise control set for about 73 and 58 mph respectively. Towing on interstate I use cruise at about 62 mph unless in very hilly area. Mileage around town and short trips is not very good, average tends to...
  11. B

Towing right off the lot?

Owners manual states not to tow in first 500 miles, then states a "break in " period of first 500 miles towing with max speed of 50 mph. Not sure it would damage a new vehicle, but I followed the manual just to be sure.
  12. B

Expected MPG: 6.4/3.73

Have had my 2019 2500 Bighorn 4x4 w/ the 6.4 and 3.73's for about seven months. Since new, have 6280 miles total with about 2500 of those towing a 9000 lb travel trailer. One trip up to the Ozarks in Arkansas and one to Florida. Plus a couple short, 300 mile total, local camping trips Average...
  13. B

Aftermarket Remote Start

Guess I mis-stated. I have the Keyless Go push button start, but not the proximity entry that has the sensors in the door handles. The service guy, who is pretty good, at the local dealership looked the OEM remote start and showed me where it said not compatible with the Keyless Go sales...
  14. B

Aftermarket Remote Start

Looking for information and possibly some actual use reviews. Would like to add remote start to 2019 2500 Bighorn with the Keyless Go option, but not proximity key. OEM is a no go according to the local dealership. Looking at the "12volt solutions" 100% plug and play. Seems the wiring...
  15. B

motor oil for 6.4 hemi 2019

Pennzoil Ultra 0-40 is the recommended oil I believe. At least that is what I used for first oil change Pic below is the item ( 7 qts and filter) ordered on Amazon. And I ordered oil through NAPA while they had it on sale. Not sure what else is available...
  16. B

Tow Mirror Dissasembly/Painting/Wrapping

Interesting. What equipment level package are they coming from? I have a Bighorn.
  17. B

Tailgate assist

Oaklandopen. There is an OEM assist damper that can be ordered. Part number 68362518AA. Ordered from Moparparts,Inc. Can get the friends and family discount on accessories until the end of the year. Just received one today and my Bighorn model 2500 has the ball mounts behind the passenger...
  18. B

Best mods under $500

Not sure if they would all be deemed as mods, but here goes: Weathertech floor liners front and back. Mopar rear fold-away step. LED tailgate light bar. Spray in bedliner.
  19. B

One of my favorite things about the new truck..Step right up.

Couple are vailable on ebay. $285 and free shipping. If you use it.
  20. B

Need Help w/ Bighorn 2500 Receiver Height

Measured mine this morning. 26" to top of receiver tube. Off Road suspension package, 4x4. Stock tires, etc. Noting in bed