Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Remote Start

BillnLA

Reaction score
Looking for information and possibly some actual use reviews. Would like to add remote start to 2019 2500 Bighorn with the Keyless Go option, but not proximity key. OEM is a no go according to the local dealership. Looking at the "12volt solutions" 100% plug and play. Seems the wiring harness doesn't require tapping into any of the OEM wiring. Have watched their installation video and other than the inconvenience of shipping the module back after programming it to the truck for the final programming, it looks to be a good option. Anyone know of or have used these? Thanks

BillnLA

Reaction score
Guess I mis-stated. I have the Keyless Go push button start, but not the proximity entry that has the sensors in the door handles. The service guy, who is pretty good, at the local dealership looked the OEM remote start and showed me where it said not compatible with the Keyless Go sales code. I don't want to have to tap into the factory wiring if possible, especially the CAN-BUS harness. This option seemed to allow for not splicing or tapping wires. Just looking to get some honest reviews or experience. Online reviews are usually slanted towards the opinion of the site they're on.

RB18C

Reaction score
I bought the 12 volt solutions kit for my 2020 3500. Don’t have the truck yet. But as soon as I install I’ll post a review.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
there is an ebay option that is $149, a few guys on another forum have used it with good review.

search 2019 2500 3500 remote start and it's the 1st thing that comes up. uses your factory fob.

BillnLA

Reaction score
Bit the bullet and went with the 12volt solutions remote start. NO splicing or wire stabs to install. All plug and play. Took about twenty minutes or so to install. Had to send the module back for the second stage programming. Finished the install today and very satisfied with it so far. Does what it is supposed to. Also has the option to add the phone app module later if I want

Users who are viewing this thread