Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many miles on your hemi / 8 spd?

Squatch

Reaction score
How many miles have you put on your hemi 8 spd? Any powertrain problems yet?

Squatch

Reaction score
I’m only at 3500 at this point, no problems, so nothing to brag or complain about.

oaklandopen

Reaction score
20201127_154650.jpg

Just missed a fun odometer milestone. I've had the engine stall i think 3 times total when coming to a stop with the engine not fully up to temp. Never turned it in for that

On a sort of driveline problem I noticed the stock tires are horrible in rain or wet pavement. Can't wait to see what snow might be like

woody284

Reaction score
9500 on the 2019. I have had the engine stall once in kind of a random incident. I was backing my camper into the site at the campground and had the wheels at full lock. At full lock and a touch the engine sounds like it bogged down, then died. The only other problem has been the hard shifts when slowing down under 20 mph. Kind of like it jumps a gear as it downshifts. This has only happened a couple of times. Still love the truck.

Squatch

Reaction score
9500 on the 2019. I have had the engine stall once in kind of a random incident. I was backing my camper into the site at the campground and had the wheels at full lock. At full lock and a touch the engine sounds like it bogged down, then died. The only other problem has been the hard shifts when slowing down under 20 mph. Kind of like it jumps a gear as it downshifts. This has only happened a couple of times. Still love the truck.
I’ve noticed mine doing those slow speed hard shifts as well. No stalls as of yet.

FunkELo

Reaction score
5100 on my 2020, no issues.

Hasn't stalled on me, but I've definitely experienced this.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
View attachment 9058

Just missed a fun odometer milestone. I've had the engine stall i think 3 times total when coming to a stop with the engine not fully up to temp. Never turned it in for that

On a sort of driveline problem I noticed the stock tires are horrible in rain or wet pavement. Can't wait to see what snow might be like

What does the lightning bolt mean...Probably an option I do not have. LOL

Squatch

Reaction score
It does that right at startup with the lightning bolt just as it is checking the charging system I believe.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Close to 14K so far nothing....

@JC

Reaction score
Yeah you're not going to have much fun in the snow and ice, those Transfarce tires are no bueno.

Firebird

Reaction score
6000 flawless miles, half of those miles pulling our travel trailer

Rideplrs

Reaction score
I have 28,000 miles on my 19 6.4 crew. Only issue that just started is when I turn the wheel it makes a couple clicking noises? It's inside the truck, not outside. Doesn't affect anything other than it's annoying, back to the dealer soon for that problem otherwise nothing.

BillnLA

Reaction score
Have 15K total miles on '19 with 5900 of those pulling 9K travel trailer, no issues. Well only one and it cleared itself. Transfer case would not shift out of 4HI back to 2HI when backing trailer on loose sand. The actuator wouldn't disengage and turned on Service 4WD light. Did shift back and clear light after repeated attempts and driving a short way in 4HI.

dtsequeira

Reaction score
I have a little over 7,000 miles and about 5,000 are with the camper on. No issues to report, so far so good. My buddy has the same truck and also carries a camper and he is over 15,000 miles without any problems.

Hstone556

Reaction score
15k on my 2019, just installed Carli lift and 37's. Still hauls ass and no issues. Pedal Commander installed Saturday and love it.

Users who are viewing this thread