Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reset oil/gas filter notification

BikerT

Reaction score
First, I'm new here so don't scream if I am posting in the wrong thread. I am changing my own oil and gas filters and need to know how to rest the notification screen to zero miles.

jeffn

Reaction score
on my truck I do this through the display. The key position has to be in “run” to do this operation. Youtube is always a good resource for me when I am trying to figure something out. It’s one thing to read about it, another to watch someone do it.

BillnLA

Reaction score
From the 2019 2500 manual. Hope this helps

Oil Life Reset Your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change indicator system. The “Oil Change Required” message will display in the instrument cluster display after a single chime has sounded, to indicate the next scheduled oil change interval. The engine oil change indicator system is duty cycle based, which means the engine oil change interval may fluctuate, dependent upon your personal driving style. NOTE: Use the steering wheel instrument cluster display controls for the following procedure.
Oil Life Reset Procedure
1. Without pushing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button and place the ignition to the ON/RUN position (do not start the engine).
2. Push and release the down arrow button to scroll downward through the main menu to “Vehicle Info.”
3. Push and release the right arrow button to access the ”Vehicle Info” screen, then scroll up or down to select “Oil Life.”
4. Push and hold the right arrow button to select “Reset”.
5. Push and release the down arrow button to select “Yes,” then push and release the right arrow button to reset the Oil Life to 100%.
6. Push and release the up arrow button to exit the instrument cluster display screen.

Secondary Method Of Resetting Engine Oil Life
1. Without pressing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button and place the ignition to the ON/RUN position (do not start the engine).
2. Fully press the accelerator pedal, slowly, three times within ten seconds.
3. Without pushing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button once to return the ignition to the OFF/LOCK position.
NOTE: If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure.

Users who are viewing this thread