Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. R

Getting ram dolly towed

So the owners manual specifically says that we can't get the ram 4x4 towed on a dolly. Either all wheels on the ground or on a flat bed. Does anyone know why we can't get it towed on a dolly? I understand why AWD trucks/cars can't be towed this way, but on a traditional 4x4 truck which can be...
  2. R

Cold Starts

Hello there, So on my '16, when i did cold starts during the winter, if i enganged the exhaust brake, it would engange to help speed up the engine warm up period. I came up to the mountains this weekend and i noticed on cold starts, (around 20 F) the engine would automatically idle up and the...
  3. R

Engine fan spins very slow at idle

is there a way to test the engine fan clutch? at idle or in stop and go traffic the engine heats up to like 200-205 and the aisin will heat up from 165* driving to like 185-190. with the AC off, the engine fan seems to be spinning very slow. Took it to dealer and they said engine isn't over...
  4. R

Front axle Breather tube size

Does anyone know the inner diameter of the front axle breather tube? The stock breather tube is like 4" long. Any moderate creek crossing will surely submerge the breather tube. Looking to lengthen it a bit. Thanks.
  5. R

Weigh Safe Gooseneck ball

I just came across a new product by weigh safe. it's a gooseneck ball that fits in the factory gooseneck hitch and it has a scale on the side to measure pin weights. Has anyone had any experience with weigh safe products? Seems like a cool gooseneck ball if it works as advertised.
  6. R

Uconnect Phone app features

On my 2016 laramie 2500 the phone app had a bunch of featueres. it gave me fuel level, oil change, fuel filter etc. On my 3500 HO, i only get the lock unlock, start and vehicle locator. I called and spoke to ram customer care and they said with the aisin trans, those other features are not...
  7. R

Engine and trans temp rising in stop and go traffic

Has anyone noticed their engine and trans temp rising in high idle or in stop and go traffic? Interesting thing is if the AC mode is enabled, regardless of whether its actually cooling or not, the trans and engine temps drop. like 185 on the engine and 160 on the trans. (Aisin trans btw.) I...
  8. R

LED light in tow mirror leaking

I dont know what trim levels come equipped with this, but on my limited i have a light in each tow mirror which can light up the side of the truck when in park or neutral. for some reason both my mirrors build with condensation after i was the truck. Clearly there is some leak. Anyone else...
  9. R

3500 w/Aisin trans temp

I got a '19 3500 wit the aisin. ive noticed that in heavy traffic the trans and engine temps rise. Engine is 192-200 and trans is 165-175. If i turn the AC on within 1-2 min the engine will be at 186-188 and the trans 158-162. I can almost duplicate these conditions and i cant explain why...
  10. R

Fog Lights activate by turning wheel

At night when i turn the wheel in either direction going into a turn, the fog light on the side of the vehicle im turning will turn on. Is there anyway to turn this feature off? i like how the head light turns with the steering wheel, i just wish i could deactivate the fog light from turning...