Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3500 w/Aisin trans temp

regal2800

Reaction score
I got a '19 3500 wit the aisin. ive noticed that in heavy traffic the trans and engine temps rise. Engine is 192-200 and trans is 165-175. If i turn the AC on within 1-2 min the engine will be at 186-188 and the trans 158-162. I can almost duplicate these conditions and i cant explain why the AC being turned would have this effect. Any one else experience this?

D

Deleted member 80

Historically, the electrically controlled engine driven fan on the Cummins doesn't run very much. On older trucks, like my previous '05, this meant there was insufficient airflow across the condenser, and AC performance would really drop off around town and in traffic. Later I believe they added an electric fan that comes on to move air across the condenser. This is giving you the cooling you are seeing. BTW, the temps you are seeing are not the least bit troublesome.

regal2800

Reaction score
thats makes a lot of sense. the temps im seeing are normal, i just didn't understand why they would drop when i turned on the AC. i thought maybe there was a computer glitch...

Users who are viewing this thread