Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front axle Breather tube size

regal2800

Reaction score
Does anyone know the inner diameter of the front axle breather tube? The stock breather tube is like 4" long. Any moderate creek crossing will surely submerge the breather tube. Looking to lengthen it a bit. Thanks.

IronByron

Reaction score
Does anyone know the inner diameter of the front axle breather tube? The stock breather tube is like 4" long. Any moderate creek crossing will surely submerge the breather tube. Looking to lengthen it a bit. Thanks.
Did you end up extending your front axle vent tube? I would like to do the same now that I know it’s so short they might as well had not put on anything.

IronByron

Reaction score
I thought the breather tube for the front axle had a valve on it that permitted air to pass through it but not water.
Could be, my only thought is that would they not put the same kind of valve on the rear breather tube? It seems to have the same kind of plastic end on the long tube but is secured well above the rear axle.

el_barto

Reaction score
I thought the breather tube for the front axle had a valve on it that permitted air to pass through it but not water.
It does have a goretex type valve, but submerged I don’t trust it…especially if the axle is rapidly cooling from hitting cold water

I extended my front vent to up in the engine bay Firewall and the rear up behind the taillight

I used 3/8” ID heater hose
1573EEA7-6C73-4DF1-AC6F-DC56504F4E51.jpeg5C1F169F-AE1B-4F14-A06E-DC00EFC3B72E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread