Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine fan spins very slow at idle

regal2800

Reaction score
is there a way to test the engine fan clutch? at idle or in stop and go traffic the engine heats up to like 200-205 and the aisin will heat up from 165* driving to like 185-190. with the AC off, the engine fan seems to be spinning very slow. Took it to dealer and they said engine isn't over heating till like 230* which technically they are right, but i dont think it should heat up so high just from a little traffic. If AC is on, the spin obviously spins faster and engine temps actually drop in stop and go or idling. Im willing to relpace the fan clutch, but wanted to see if there way a way to test it before spending $300 on a new clutch. Thanks.

jkbrereton

Reaction score
Where do you live? If you live in an area that gets cold on the winter, I'd quote a song, "Honey it's cold outside..."

If it's cold outside I'd be surprised if the fan is spinning at all. But your operating temperatures seem to be normal regardless

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thats normal operating ranges i hit 212 water temp with my plow on.... you have nothing to worry about

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I hit 200 the other day when driving with the plow on as it was not cold out

Users who are viewing this thread