Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fog Lights activate by turning wheel

regal2800

Reaction score
At night when i turn the wheel in either direction going into a turn, the fog light on the side of the vehicle im turning will turn on. Is there anyway to turn this feature off? i like how the head light turns with the steering wheel, i just wish i could deactivate the fog light from turning on. Any input would be great.

texas.yankee

Reaction score
At night when i turn the wheel in either direction going into a turn, the fog light on the side of the vehicle im turning will turn on. Is there anyway to turn this feature off? i like how the head light turns with the steering wheel, i just wish i could deactivate the fog light from turning on. Any input would be great.
I had not seen that feature listed. It may be a setting in the uConnect options that can be disabled.

bobohio

Reaction score
Just turn your fog lights on and leave them on...imo looks nice at night and really lights up the area and doesn't blind anyone.

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,
On some cars it was known as a cornering lamp. It added lighting to the turn signal side to see where you are turning.

Unless your not explaining it enough.

bobohio

Reaction score
Howdy,
On some cars it was known as a cornering lamp. It added lighting to the turn signal side to see where you are turning.

Unless your not explaining it enough.

regal2800

Reaction score
ya its a cornering light. the problem is i took the cornering lights off and replaced them with 4 Rigid LEDs for off road use. every-time i turn a corner it's like someone turned on stadium lights.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
If it is like the 1500, there is no way to turn off the 'cornering' function on the fog lights... it also illuminates when you use your turn indicator.

ghaynes754

Reaction score
Man says to doctor, "doc it hurts when I hold my arm up over my head. What should I do?" Doc says "Quit doing that."

Hope the new cornering lights don't blow a fuse, difference in draw between them and the originals. You might need a trip to the doctor if the overload the circuit :)

ouchMonkey

Reaction score
Same. I like the idea of the feature but if a cop is in front of me on a curvy road my BD Squadrons that replaced the stock fogs are going to get me in trouble. I had no idea that I had this feature otherwise I would have considered placing the BDs elsewhere. Any figure out how to turn this feature off?

Riddick

Reaction score
I was aware of the cornering lamp but did not realize it activated the fog lights. It does provide a noticeable amout of additional light but it looks strange when only one fog light is on. As someone stated above I guess Ill just run the fogs full time.

Users who are viewing this thread