Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting ram dolly towed

regal2800

Reaction score
So the owners manual specifically says that we can't get the ram 4x4 towed on a dolly. Either all wheels on the ground or on a flat bed. Does anyone know why we can't get it towed on a dolly? I understand why AWD trucks/cars can't be towed this way, but on a traditional 4x4 truck which can be shifted in neutral, why can't the ram 2500/3500 be dolly towed? With the transfer case in neutral, the front and rear axles should be completely disconnected allowing a dolly tow. Thanks in advance.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
So the owners manual specifically says that we can't get the ram 4x4 towed on a dolly. Either all wheels on the ground or on a flat bed. Does anyone know why we can't get it towed on a dolly? I understand why AWD trucks/cars can't be towed this way, but on a traditional 4x4 truck which can be shifted in neutral, why can't the ram 2500/3500 be dolly towed? With the transfer case in neutral, the front and rear axles should be completely disconnected allowing a dolly tow. Thanks in advance.
With the Tcase in neutral you wont do any damage but removing the rear drive shaft is a better way to dolly it, for what its worth i would rather put the truck on a trailer or if towed by a tow company put it on a flat deck it just makes more sense

Users who are viewing this thread