Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RECALL: Stellantis Recalls 131,177 Ram Heavy Duty Pickups & Chassis Cabs For Fire Risk!

gimmie11s

Reaction score
169AB is the latest relay. 169AA also appears to be a good realy as it has some silicon filling around the prior exposed bus bars.

The other thread that @Brutal_HO linked has tons of pictures and good info.

steverud0121

Reaction score
169AB is the latest relay. 169AA also appears to be a good realy as it has some silicon filling around the prior exposed bus bars.

The other thread that @Brutal_HO linked has tons of pictures and good info.
So its likely this recall is mostly a, look and see and on your way for anyone with the 169AB and even perhaps the 169AA.

wolfpack

Reaction score
So should we disconnect batteries just to be safe? I’ve got no plans to drive mine for a while.

Combra6589

Reaction score
Yeah, I looked at my 22 yesterday and saw 169AB. I have a service appointment Nov. 2 for 'inspection' -- I guess after that they'll decide if I need parts or not.
I wouldn’t . They may hold your truck like they are doing to mine. I was told by service Feb 22 for parts

Combra6589

Reaction score
Recall part number is CSMNY761AA. No info at alll on it . Like others said 2/2/22 availability while my 22 limited that took 4 months sits in the dealer lot while mice nest in it.

Ram25002021

Reaction score
I got the notice, called my dealer who said they have parts and made an Appt. For next week to get it taken care of. This is in Washington State. Curious why all the varying lead time estimates.

diesel_driver_3500

Reaction score
I checked with an Oregon dealer on Saturday and was told parts would not be available until February 2022. The service dept. said they were available now, but when he contacted the parts manager to verify, he was given the February date.

Ram25002021

Reaction score
I wonder if they got an allocation and once they were used up, that’s the new back ordered date they’ve been given.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I got the notice, called my dealer who said they have parts and made an Appt. For next week to get it taken care of. This is in Washington State. Curious why all the varying lead time estimates.
Hi Ram25002021,
Currently, parts are unavailable. We apologize for any dissatisfaction. Thank you for your patience.

Rob
Ram Cares

Will_T

Reaction score
Hi Ram25002021,
Currently, parts are unavailable. We apologize for any dissatisfaction. Thank you for your patience.

Rob
Ram Cares
This is a little hard to understand perfectly. I don't follow all the steps without some confusion, but it appears that the recall procedure PDF says the fix in at least some cases is to fill in the back of the relay with some insulating goop. But parts being "unavailable" may seem to indicate that Ram plans to replace the whole relay? I am not surprised that even dealers are a bit confused by this.

Combra6589

Reaction score
Hi Ram25002021,

Rob
Ram Cares
What a freaking joke . And you don’t have any temporary repairs for the screwed customers that can’t pick up their vehicles ???. Why can’t corporate reach out to these dealers and have them retest replacement relays instead of leaving us in the dark

agtcovert

Reaction score
I wouldn’t . They may hold your truck like they are doing to mine. I was told by service Feb 22 for parts
I appreciate the input, hadn't thought about this. The servicing and selling dealer are not the same, and I'm having a hard time getting my head around them not releasing a vehicle I own (well, pay for, but you get the idea) back to me. It's already sold and paid for, they don't own it. Their not releasing it to me, as I think about it, would be akin to theft, recall or no. What I was told was they'll do the inspection -- which I believe is the test in the referenced document -- and let me know if further repairs are needed. They didn't mention much else.

May just give them a call and see if that's even something they'd do or be allowed to do. I waited long enough for the truck -- like everyone else has or is. If it fails the test and there's no parts, I'll just disconnect it from the battery and plug it in. EZ PZ.

Will_T

Reaction score
If it fails the test and there's no parts, I'll just disconnect it from the battery and plug it in. EZ PZ.
I wondered about this myself but a friend told me that the plug in block heater and the grid heater are not doing the same thing. Both are for cold temps but separate functions.

Combra6589

Reaction score
I appreciate the input, hadn't thought about this. The servicing and selling dealer are not the same, and I'm having a hard time getting my head around them not releasing a vehicle I own (well, pay for, but you get the idea) back to me. It's already sold and paid for, they don't own it. Their not releasing it to me, as I think about it, would be akin to theft, recall or no. What I was told was they'll do the inspection -- which I believe is the test in the referenced document -- and let me know if further repairs are needed. They didn't mention much else.

May just give them a call and see if that's even something they'd do or be allowed to do. I waited long enough for the truck -- like everyone else has or is. If it fails the test and there's no parts, I'll just disconnect it from the battery and plug it in. EZ PZ.
I’m pretty they have the authority to hold a vehicle that has been deemed a safety hazard . My 22 is paid for paperwork signed etc 2 days prior to them telling me I can’t drive it away . Ramcare is absolute joke and can care less . They know we’ve been waiting months for our trucks and for them to not even try to unplug or try another relay is a kick in the balls

agtcovert

Reaction score
I wondered about this myself but a friend told me that the plug in block heater and the grid heater are not doing the same thing. Both are for cold temps but separate functions.
They are, you're right. On my previous truck (2020), when I plugged the vehicle in overnight, I did not get the preheat screen. Truck just started right up. I know the grid heater still cycled as I could see the voltage drop when it came on and off. My thinking with plugging it in though is just to make it a little easier for the cold engine to start and get up to temp quickly.

steverud0121

Reaction score
Hi @Combra6589 , @Will_T , @diesel_driver_3500 , @agtcovert , @Ram25002021 , @wolfpack , @Papa_smurf , @R.J. , @Lary0071 , @jkempken and others,
We have great news. Parts are now available for order! Owner letters will mail out 11/3/21 to notify all affected owners.

Rob
Ram Cares
Thats great, Called my dealer and they now see the repair procedure 17 pages worth that was not there this am, but no part number? shows sealant to be applied ? Is there truly another part or just more sealant?

Users who are viewing this thread