Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. F

Pandora/XM Internet not connecting

The internet portion of my XM has quit connecting. I know my truck has connectivity because UConnect remote start works, Guardian shows as connected, and the hotspot works. Anything that involves the cell signal has a gray "subscribe" box and/or says waiting for internet signal. It happened...
  2. F

Headrest TV Wire Concealment

This summer we moved and had to make some long, boring trips so I installed a tablet/TV in the backseat so I could keep my sanity. I'm running the unlimited wifi hotspot to power streaming services and have a stock gaming console with wireless controllers. Now that I have the system dialed in...
  3. F

EZ-Pass

I'm back! And paying too many damn tolls here in Chicagoland. Does anyone have the safety package with limited center windshield real estate have an EZ-Pass installed? Where did you put it and are there any interference concerns?
  4. F

Forward Collision Issues

Driving on the freeway tonight my truck slams on the breaks and beeps at me. This is the fifth time it has done this in the exact same spot, no issues anywhere else. It's an overpass with a slight bend to the right but nothing you don't see everywhere else. It's always an unwelcome surprise...
  5. F

Had an Idea

Shopping for Jeep mods for Mother's Day and had an idea. I want to add LED strips inside my wife's Jeep for courtesy lights, but those control boxes and remotes are so damn chincy. I would like to add a switch panel with rockers to control some other items and it led me down this path...
  6. F

First Long Trip with Camper

Just finished our first decent length trip hauling a TT since buying in September. 300 miles of Missouri and Arkansas highlands, mix of freeway and winding mountain roads, plenty of steep grades though none really long like the Rockies. 2500 CTD, 7,000 lbs loaded 33 1/2 ft trailer, Reese Pro...
  7. F

Help Selecting Gooseneck Hitch

This is my first HD and I'm looking at gooseneck hitches to pull my father in law's flatbed when I need to borrow it. I've never bought one so I don't really know what I am looking at. I am seeing everything from $20 to $400, I see this Mopar kit and figure that's probably a good starting...
  8. F

TravelLink

Is anyone having trouble getting TravelLink to pull down data? I noticed a week ago trying to see what time the Blues were playing and all the sports info was blank/no game/etc. I checked weather maps and they usually take a minute to load, but 20 minutes later still nothing. I've been...
  9. F

AlfaODB Justification

I've been on the fence about spending on AlfaODB, not having an immediate need and thinking I'll cross that bridge when I get there. We added a Jeep JKU to the garage this week so I'm revisiting it. I'm not a big modder myself, I always stick with factory wheels and tire sizes. At most I need...
  10. F

Bedrug Install with 5th Wheel Prep

Stole this idea from a Ford forum. Took a boat load of trimming but still have access to the pucks. Unimpressed with the quality of this bedrug compared to previous ones, bad creases in a few spots, but I will do some reforming in the summer. Tonneau went on after this but I was more worried...
  11. F

Bed Light Wiring Options

I've looked through all the threads I could find here to gather as much info as possible. I'm still a little wrapped around the axle on which route to go. I am installing an aftermarket LED light strip bed light. There is a switch on the kit, 3 linked strips, and one pigtail. My truck has...
  12. F

Bed Cover

I'm planning out my accessories before Christmas and wanted to get a little feedback. I've had mostly uncovered beds. I bought a used truck once that had a soft tonneau, liked it enough I bought one for the truck I just got rid of. Made sense vs a tri-fold on a half ton with only 5 1/2 ft of...
  13. F

Towing without WD Hitch?

I'm in a bit of a pinch with a camping trip planned for tomorrow and need some trustworthy advice. I have a new 2020 2500 Cummins. I previously had a 1500 and towed our camper with a WD hitch that had a shank with 2 1/2 in drop, I had it on the next to last hole. That hitch is too high to...
  14. F

Help with WD Drop Shank Selection

I have this WD hitch - https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Reese-49903-1000-Sway/dp/B0071XQ4V8/ - which I had on my 2019 1500 to pull our TT. Camper is 33' tip to tail, 6,100 lbs dry weight and I haven't been to the scales since I replaced the mattress but I'd say tongue weight is knocking on 800 lbs...
  15. F

Issues Activating SiriusXM Guardian

I bought my truck with 10 miles on it last weekend, plastic wrap and all. I went through the steps to activate the Guardian trial and the guy tells me they show someone else owns the truck. I said that doesn't make sense and he says "uh well 10 miles is a lot." He wants me to fax my bill of...
  16. F

New truck issues

Forgive me if this is in the wrong section, wasn't sure where to put it. New member here, just bought a 2020 2500 Cummins Laramie this past weekend. Great truck but I have it in the shop for some issues and wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this and how long it took to resolve...
  17. F

Upgraded from my 2019 1500 to my first diesel

I bought my first new vehicle this weekend, 2020 2500 Cummins this weekend. I've always owned Ford half tons except for a late 90's Dodge that absolutely turned me off the brand for life. Last Spring I needed a truck and inventory was thin, after passing on other makes they had in stock there...