Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandora/XM Internet not connecting

Frank

Reaction score
The internet portion of my XM has quit connecting. I know my truck has connectivity because UConnect remote start works, Guardian shows as connected, and the hotspot works.

Anything that involves the cell signal has a gray "subscribe" box and/or says waiting for internet signal. It happened two weeks ago so the waiting overnight thing doesnt fix it. I have refreshed the XM signal myself and had customer service do it. No dice.

Any ideas? I'm not due for service for another couple months.

Frank

Reaction score
Followup: the nav won't connect to internet either so its beyond the scope of just XM. Might have to suck it up and drop my truck off at the dealer.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Followup: the nav won't connect to internet either so its beyond the scope of just XM. Might have to suck it up and drop my truck off at the dealer.

Neither XM or the NAV use the "internet". They use satellites - XM uses a combination of terrestrial satellites and repeater-assisted satellites. I suggest holding your power button in until your screen goes blank and restarts (soft reboot).

Sponge60

Reaction score
Streaming services will use either your hotspot or cell phone. If nothing is working correctly, (XM, hot spot, even the FM radio) it may be time for a dealer visit. While XM and WiFi are separate, the common factor is the radio itself.

Frank

Reaction score
It fixed itself. After 3 weeks of not working, I switched the radio source to bluetooth and left it there when I turned the truck off. The next morning everything worked.

Users who are viewing this thread