Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headrest TV Wire Concealment

Frank

Reaction score
This summer we moved and had to make some long, boring trips so I installed a tablet/TV in the backseat so I could keep my sanity. I'm running the unlimited wifi hotspot to power streaming services and have a stock gaming console with wireless controllers. Now that I have the system dialed in I am ready to tidy up the wiring and support hardware.

What is the best way to run wires down from the headrest to the floor to link up the two seats and center console? I don't think I want to run up into the headrest and through the tubes like I have seen suggested around the internet because I don't want to have to cut and solder such small gauge wire.

I also have several items running on USB power - wifi repeater (because Ram decided it was a good idea to make hotspot 5ghz ONLY), TV power, game console power, and periodically recharging the game controllers and TV remote. Everything is running fine power wise, but it's time to hardwire. Is it OK to tap in behind the rear 120VAC outlet so it runs with the ignition? Everything runs on 12v, not sure if the inverter is on the outlet so I can get behind it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread