Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgraded from my 2019 1500 to my first diesel

Frank

Reaction score
I bought my first new vehicle this weekend, 2020 2500 Cummins this weekend. I've always owned Ford half tons except for a late 90's Dodge that absolutely turned me off the brand for life. Last Spring I needed a truck and inventory was thin, after passing on other makes they had in stock there were a few new body 1500 Bighorns with ~10k miles on them. I finally told the salesman "fine I'll test drive your crappy Dodge truck." We weren't 100 ft off the lot and I told him to get the paperwork ready. Absolutely loved that truck, but we've got a 33' 6,500 lbs TT that about at the upper end of it's capability and a 7,000 lbs boat with a straight tongue trailer that I was paying a guy to move twice a year when we took it out of the slip for the winter. With the vehicle market being out of whack, I ended up selling the 1500 Bighorn for a decent profit and getting a 2500 Cummins Laramie at a fair discount.

Only downside? Day 4 and I just dropped it off at the shop for 2 warranty claims, 1 of which makes it non-operational. Otherwise, it's been an outstanding truck for the past 3 days! Just a bump in the road I am sure.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new HD truck, sorry about your troubles out of the gate, and welcome to HDRams!

Sounds like you are working with your dealer, but if you ever feel the need, you can call or reach out to RamCares right here on the forum should you need some help escalating things.

Frank

Reaction score
Congrats on the new HD truck, sorry about your troubles out of the gate, and welcome to HDRams!

Sounds like you are working with your dealer, but if you ever feel the need, you can call or reach out to RamCares right here on the forum should you need some help escalating things.

I don't like to be that guy that instantly complains but maybe one thing they could help me out on.

@RamCares My issue is described here: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-truck-issues.2764/ My local dealership said the earliest opening was a week away (Oct 6) and tried to turn me away until then...with a truck that will have a dead battery by tonight. I was able to force the issue and get a rental car today that they said FCA would only cover for 5 days but I said fine I'll cross the payment bridge when I get there, but I need a working vehicle. Since they already know it's not missing a software update I would think they would do a 5 minute diagnostic and open the case with Ram that they know will be opened anyway. As was explained to me they are going to park it for a week and not touch it. Seems like a 4 day old sale should get some courtesy anywhere in the dealer network, besides the fact I have bought vehicles from this dealership in the past and am an active customer in parts and service.

I have 2 other Ram dealerships in my metro I could take it to as well if need be. I don't need overnight service, I just don't want to wait a week just to be told to wait another week when it's entirely avoidable.

Last edited:

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I don't like to be that guy that instantly complains but maybe one thing they could help me out on.

@RamCares My issue is described here: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-truck-issues.2764/ My local dealership said the earliest opening was a week away (Oct 6) and tried to turn me away until then...with a truck that will have a dead battery by tonight. I was able to force the issue and get a rental car today that they said FCA would only cover for 5 days but I said fine I'll cross the payment bridge when I get there, but I need a working vehicle. Since they already know it's not missing a software update I would think they would do a 5 minute diagnostic and open the case with Ram that they know will be opened anyway. As was explained to me they are going to park it for a week and not touch it. Seems like a 4 day old sale should get some courtesy anywhere in the dealer network, besides the fact I have bought vehicles from this dealership in the past and am an active customer in parts and service.

I have 2 other Ram dealerships in my metro I could take it to as well if need be. I don't need overnight service, I just don't want to wait a week just to be told to wait another week when it's entirely avoidable.

I am deeply sorry for the frustration, @Frank. This is not at all the experience we expect for our customers and I would like to do what I can to help. Please send over your VIN via private message when you can!

Mark
RamCares

Frank

Reaction score
I am deeply sorry for the frustration, @Frank. This is not at all the experience we expect for our customers and I would like to do what I can to help. Please send over your VIN via private message when you can!

Mark
RamCares

Sent.

Users who are viewing this thread