Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. T

Tradesman cloth interior vs Big Horn

They’re the same seats. Only difference is the jump seat vs console and the split bench for the rear folding seat. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. T

Ram 2500 hemi Laramie vs Ram 2500 big horn cummins

Agreed on that one, my Jayco 28RLS was 8.5K loaded and I never broke 10. Usually 9-9.5 on the HEMI on my 2500 SRW My 3500 DRW 6.4 SO Cummins I get around 12 towing the same rig (or should I say got, I just sold it..)
  3. T

Buy 3500 Only for the HO Cummins?

For your use case, a 2500 6.7 with the 68RFE will more than suffice. However - if you prefer the HO and the Aisin (I’m actually the other way around, as I find the Aisin to be a bit heavy on its shifts) then absolutely no reason not to go for a 3500 SRW. I personally tow a large amount of...
  4. T

Shouls i buy a 2500 6.7

The 6.7 is an incredible engine (I have a 3500 6.7 dually) but honestly - given your use cases I’d suggest the 6.4 is a better option for you. Saves you $10K MSRP and the hassle of diesel maintenance. You will get less MPG on the gasser. I got around 16 average, on my dually unloaded I get...
  5. T

Current MPG indicator disappeared

Sure enough! Ashamed of myself for missing that, frankly.. Appreciate it gents.
  6. T

Current MPG indicator disappeared

Does this happen to anyone else? Happened on both my 2019 6.4 and my 2020 6.7 I can still see my average MPG, but the current MPG under the average disappeared? It was there for about 20K miles on my 2019, but only there for like 300 on my 2020? Any insights?
  7. T

Lets see what you are towing!

Honest question, and you’re welcome to not answer, but can you really make any money hotshotting? The deadheading seems to make it not worth it to me. That’d make it like .65c a mile ish? For diesel (or gas, in your case), truck wear, insurance, time etc. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. T

Parking Sensors won’t turn off

I only have rear on my 3500. On my 2500 I had both and they worked. This doesn’t. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. T

Parking Sensors won’t turn off

As the title suggests, when I turn my parking sensors off, they merely adjust to a slightly different tone. It’s annoying as hell, since they always trigger when I have my hitch mounted. Anyone else experience this? It’s super weird, and I back onto my driveway which is close to other cars...
  10. T

Question about Chrysler financing...

I bought my 3500 3 weeks ago, received $1500 in incentives for financing through Chrysler. Always intended to refinance with my credit union (CU is at 2%) Chrysler offered 6%. I read through all the terms, you can pay off/refinance with another lender immediately with no penalties. However...
  11. T

Any dually owners in Indiana?

Answering my own question here incase I can help anyone else down the line. Indeed, the BMV (Bureau of Motor Vehicles) wanted to title the Dually as a "11K Truck". After chatting with a manager and pointing out that in fact it is a "14K" truck, he agreed it can be titled as 16K (Indiana does...
  12. T

Audio Steering Controls Retrofit

I'm thinking I'll just replace the entire steering wheel, that should work too, right?
  13. T

Audio Steering Controls Retrofit

Alright folks, So I traded my 2019 2500 gasser big horn (with a bunch of options) for a 3500 Dually Tradesman CTD (with a bunch of options..) No real complaints, I miss my console, and somewhat the Alpine. But I was amazed when I went to change tracks and realised the Tradesman doesn’t have...
  14. T

Any dually owners in Indiana?

So Indiana charges a yearly “excise tax” which is based on MSRP and age for vehicles below 11K gross rating. For 11K plus, it seems to change to commercial, which is taxed based on gross weighting and not MSRP. Seems I’d go from paying $500 a year to $53 a year if I went to a dually...
  15. T

How much off MSRP for a new 2019 “holdover”

Indeed, for the life of me I can’t understand how it’s still on the lot to be honest. Maybe my individual preferences are off, but to me this seems like a really appealing spec truck.
  16. T

Yes sir, that’s what we’re looking at it for. Toying with the idea of a dually too. We don’t “need” a dually, but y’know..
  17. T

So, I’m looking to upgrade my 2019 2500 Gasser to a 1 ton diesel. Considering the 3500 SRW and DRW and also the F series trucks. I’ve found a truck almost identical to my current one, but with the all important H/O Cummins and 3500. The catch though, is it’s a new 2019.. which is surprising...
  18. T

Going to consider Sd

Honestly that’s a great price, and the 7.3 is an awesome motor, dare I say it perhaps better than the 6.4 w/ 8 speed. I’ll probably get disowned for saying this on a RAM forum, but most trucks these days are great trucks, with a few exceptions. You will find the interior on the SD to be...
  19. T

Katzkin interior upgrade

Looks great! I actually had a quote quite a bit lower for the "regular" single tone Katzkhin from my local dealer, 1100 out the door, 1300 with heated seats. Keep meaning to pull the trigger but never get round to it, pretty sure once winter rolls up here I'll pull the trigger.
  20. T

Largest wheel & tire combo - stock height & towing!

35's on 20's? I'm on 18's right now; which seems weird but it is what it is..