Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tradesman cloth interior vs Big Horn

Bigb10b

Reaction score
Currently building a Tradesman with nearly every available option. Just seems like a much better value than a similar equipped Big Horn for 6K more. My question is: Are the seats in a Big Horn any more comfortable than the cloth seat upgrade in a Tradesman?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Currently building a Tradesman with nearly every available option. Just seems like a much better value than a similar equipped Big Horn for 6K more. My question is: Are the seats in a Big Horn any more comfortable than the cloth seat upgrade in a Tradesman?
Same seats im pretty sure

Reaction score
They’re the same seats. Only difference is the jump seat vs console and the split bench for the rear folding seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b307a1

Reaction score
They are the same thing for the Tradesman and the bottom rung Big Horn. On the Big Horn when you apply the big horn level 1 or 2 groups you get the premium bench seat that includes an under the center seat storage area. Same fabric,same pattern.
I can tell you that for a fact because I own both a Tradesman and a Big Horn with the level 2 group.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
They are the same thing for the Tradesman and the bottom rung Big Horn. On the Big Horn when you apply the big horn level 1 or 2 groups you get the premium bench seat that includes an under the center seat storage area. Same fabric,same pattern.
I can tell you that for a fact because I own both a Tradesman and a Big Horn with the level 2 group.
You can get the under center seat storage in the tradesman lvl 2

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have the cd player in there perhaps thats the only reason i have it

b307a1

Reaction score
I have the cd player in there perhaps thats the only reason i have it
I just looked at the 2019 sales brochure and you are right. The under seat storage was available on the Tradesman only when you got the cd player. I thought the 4th gens were the last models to have an optional cd player.
It looks like the '19s were the last .

Last edited:

Carryk19

Reaction score
The Tradesman cloth interior is definitely a better option if you're looking for a high-quality, durable interior. The Big Horn fabric is less likely to hold up over time, and may not be as comfortable.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
The Tradesman cloth interior is definitely a better option if you're looking for a high-quality, durable interior. The Big Horn fabric is less likely to hold up over time, and may not be as comfortable.
Not saying you’re wrong, but rather why is that?

gimmie11s

Reaction score

lol say what??

Firebird

Reaction score
Same fabric, same seat, but no adjustable lumbar

Brad83

Reaction score
I just got a new Tradesman with the cloth. The seat is very comfortable. My neighbor came over to look at it. When he got in the first thing he said was how comfortable the seat is. In my old truck and anything with a power seat I always put the front up as high as it would go and the back down all the way. So far I haven't missed being able to do that, but I haven't driven much over an hour at a time either.

Thisnthat

Reaction score

We have a 2021 2500 Tradesman with the Level 2 package and a 2022 3500 Bighorn with front buckets. seats in both trucks feel the same

a tradesman equipped similar to bighorn won't be $6k difference - more like $600 difference

you may be adding a few items to the bighorn that aren't available on the tradesman or you're not adding options to the tradesman for items that are standard on the bighorn (trailer tow mirrors, brake controller, chrome package, 8.4 uconnect and so on.

below are two similar builds...yes the initial difference is about $5k between the two trims, but once you add the options to be similar to a bighorn, price is pretty close (I added some common options that a lot of people add/want)

just noticed that I added an upcharge color on the bighorn so the difference is closer to $500

bighorn.jpg

tradesman.jpg

kevin588127

Reaction score
We have a 2021 2500 Tradesman with the Level 2 package and a 2022 3500 Bighorn with front buckets. seats in both trucks feel the same

a tradesman equipped similar to bighorn won't be $6k difference - more like $600 difference

you may be adding a few items to the bighorn that aren't available on the tradesman or you're not adding options to the tradesman for items that are standard on the bighorn (trailer tow mirrors, brake controller, chrome package, 8.4 uconnect and so on.

below are two similar builds...yes the initial difference is about $5k between the two trims, but once you add the options to be similar to a bighorn, price is pretty close (I added some common options that a lot of people add/want)

just noticed that I added an upcharge color on the bighorn so the difference is closer to $500

View attachment 43056

View attachment 43057
I found this to be true as well. By the time I put the must haves I wanted on the tradesman, it was close to the BH with the same must haves. The annoying thing was that the chrome package gets added to the tradesman if you add just about any option. The one thing that was odd, I could do the tow tech package on the tradesman. This would have gotten me the power fold mirrors but made it almost the same price as the BH. I ended up with a BH with now power fold mirrors but everything else I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread