Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parking Sensors won’t turn off

Reaction score
As the title suggests, when I turn my parking sensors off, they merely adjust to a slightly different tone.

It’s annoying as hell, since they always trigger when I have my hitch mounted.

Anyone else experience this? It’s super weird, and I back onto my driveway which is close to other cars and no matter what, they come on.

The only notable difference besides the weird tone change is the in dash sensor indicator shows “off”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ansells09

Reaction score
Hope somebody knows as I just found mine doing this. Trailer hooked up so I turned off the parking sensors. Still beeped at me when backing trailer up

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Did you turn off both the front and the rear sonar? If you only turned off the rear, leaving the front ones active, the system will still alert if something is close enough to the front bumper to trigger (even if in reverse).

Reaction score
Did you turn off both the front and the rear sonar? If you only turned off the rear, leaving the front ones active, the system will still alert if something is close enough to the front bumper to trigger (even if in reverse).

I only have rear on my 3500. On my 2500 I had both and they worked. This doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sawboss3

Reaction score
I have only the rear sensors. They seem to have a mind of their own. They beep when nothing is there, and sometimes don't beep when something is. I turn them off and still get beeps. I certainly don't trust them for anything. They were incidentally included in my truck, I never would have sought them out.

Users who are viewing this thread