Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to consider Sd

miles

Reaction score
I thinking of concidering getting a Ford
The local dealer has a very well equipped 2020 F250 XLT with the 7.3 gas motor and 10 speed transmission. Price is only $52,580 Canadian and won’t rust out like my last 3 rams because it’s aluminum.

I can’t find a similar equipped Big Horn with the hemi for less then $65,000 Canadian, most are about $67,000 equipped the same.
Went back to the dodge dealer, the sales manager took it as a insult and said “go buy a ford then”
Sad things is I have bought 3 trucks from that dealer over the years and wore them out, 2001 one ton dually Laramie 515,000 Kms, 2005 1500 SLT Laramie 190,000 Kms (motor went), and 2011 1500 bighorn currently 200,000 Kms, lifter failed at 174,000 Kms and motor rebuilt.

Reaction score
Honestly that’s a great price, and the 7.3 is an awesome motor, dare I say it perhaps better than the 6.4 w/ 8 speed.

I’ll probably get disowned for saying this on a RAM forum, but most trucks these days are great trucks, with a few exceptions.

You will find the interior on the SD to be subpar compared to the 5th gen RAM though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I too, am considering a ford Super duty.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
When I was shopping earlier this year, similar equipped Ford's were 10k more money. I prefer the Cummins and knew I was getting a diesel. But Ford wasn't competitively priced then.

In my area, inventory is low, so dealers are not as negotiable. RV and trucks.

MikeXM

Reaction score
Stocks are scarce in Canada due to the two months the factory closed. USA has drained everything the factory could output since.
No wonder dealers are not negotiable.
Dealers lots in my area are half empty. Like they are practicing social distancing ;)

miles

Reaction score
I bought a Ram 2500 Laramie loaded with ram box and 6.4 hemi motor, 3.73 rear end.
Got a deal $46.500, widow sticker wet was in the glove box for $78,798 (don’t know what the original owner paid.
26,000 Kms on the odometer .
The deal was to good to pass on.

Last edited:

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
I've found that if you try to get a similar truck, Ram is usually cheaper. That being said, the Fords have more power and I like the panoramic sunroof. Other than the sunroof, I think Ram has Ford beat on the interior. My bighorn is pretty far down on the list for Ram, but has rear fender liners, leather steering wheel, and not as much plastic as a comparable Ford. Holding that cheap plastic wheel all the time would drive me crazy. Seems like you have to get into a lariat before that changes. It seems small, but that's the thing you use the most.... I would buy a lariat and up though if I could find one that wasn't so expensive.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
I bought a Ram 2500 Laramie loaded with ram box and 6.4 hemi motor, 3.73 rear end.
Got a deal $46.500, widow stir Jet was in the glove box for $78,798 (don’t know what the original owner paid.
26,000 Kms on the odometer .
The deal was to good to pass on.

What year?? 160,000 miles if I did my conversion correct.

Users who are viewing this thread