Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. K

First long trip 2500 hemi

We just got back from our first long trip with our new toy hauler and I'm very impressed with this truck. I took delivery of the truck last August and had only done 200 mile trips with a toy hauler that we had outgrown and planned on replacing. Over the winter we purchased a puma 27TSB that is...
  2. K

Oem transforce HT

Prior to ordering my truck, I read nothing but horrible reviews of the transforce ATs. For this reason, I opted to skip the off-road package assuming I'd just be replacing the tires anyway. Being a cheap a$$ I couldn't replace brand new tires so I left them on for the winter. We had one of the...
  3. K

Adding trailer tpms

I have a 22 2500 big horn with the 8" screen. I'd like to add trailer tpms. I have alfa obd. Wondering if anyone has a part number for a kit that has everything I would need to install. I think I've found the 4 pack of wheel sensors but think I may also need a sensor that plugs in somewhere at...
  4. K

Blackstone oil analysis on first oil change

Here are the results of my first oil change. This is my first ever new vehicle. I took delivery from MD and immediately drove 1000 miles home following the break in procedure as best as I could. I decided to change the oil at the 1500 mile mark because...new engine and unknown oil. I think the...
  5. K

Mark Dodge Christmas bonus

Got home to find a letter in the mail box from Mark dodge. It was a check for 131 bucks and the letter states that they overcharged me for my TTL. It's odd because I actually double checked their figures with the local DMV and they seemed correct. Guessing maybe the tax side was off because the...
  6. K

Ideas for switched power

I am going to install a front mounted camera in the grill of my 2022 BH. I have the harness to add it to the cargo view of my uconnect. I need to find a source of switched power. I have aux switches that I could use but it seems like a waste as I would always want it on when the truck is on...
  7. K

Forward facing camera

I have a 2022 BH with the uconnect 8.4 and digital rearview mirror. I do not have the cargo cam. I see for the 2018 models, someone makes a harness to add a camera to the uconnect for that year. I'm wondering if such a kit exists for the 19+. I should have an unused input for the cargo cam...
  8. K

Mirror options

Recently took delivery of my 22 Big Horn. It has the standard manual fold Ram tow mirrors. I had these same mirrors on my 1500, or so I thought. I can't seem to find an adjustment that I like with these mirrors and the blind spot mirror is weird when the mirrors are flipped down. They are decent...
  9. K

First day with my '22 2500

Today was the day I finally got to pick up my Jan ordered truck. Like many, I ordered from Mark Dodge and got a nice discount and a "No BS" deal. This was by far the easiest automotive buying experience I've ever had (except for the wait). This was also my first new truck and first ordered...
  10. K

What not to order

So we all know that it seems to be a total crapshoot as to what gets built and when. I thought I had it narrowed down to the rambox but a guy just posted that he ordered in late March and his will be built in early June. I've been D status for a touch over 3 months. I'd be curious to see what...
  11. K

Ram box availability

So, kind of bored while waiting on my truck. Been keeping an eye on the tracking sheet. I've seen a few Big horns ordered around the same time as mine get D1 status, some have est ship dates and a couple have window stickers. As far as I know I'm still D status. I'm about mid level as far as...
  12. K

Normal oil pressure

I currently have a 1500 with a 5.7. it is pretty much sewing machine quiet. My oil pressure runs 50-62 psi. I saw a video posted the other day on FB and noticed the posters oil pressure was 27 psi. Do they run that low? Main reason for asking is that there is a belief that low oil pressure is...
  13. K

New 22 2500 ordered!

Just pulled the trigger on a 22 2500 CC SB Big Horn. Started looking back in December and wish I would have ordered then. At present time, lots of options are unavailable and prices have increased. Started looking at a moderately optioned Tradesman but eventually ended up with a mid optioned Big...
  14. K

Rambox tonneau cover options

Just ordered a 2022 2500 with the rambox. Now trying to see what is out there for covers. Current truck has a hard trifold that is less than ideal. Looking at hard retractables, a hard roll up or possibly a hard trifold that would fold up against the cab when open. Cover is closed 90 percent of...
  15. K

2022 cargo view and 5th wheel prep

I am currently building a 2022 crew cab big horn. I have opted for the digital rearview mirror. There is a slight chance I may sometime upgrade to a 5th wheel but it isn't in the current plans. If I did that, I would probably wish that I had the cargo view cam and 5th wheel prep. The 5th wheel...